VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Fujoshi-hime

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

While browsing flea markets and thrift stores for retro games has been fun and fruitful, you're still at the mercy of fate towards what you find. There's eBay but it comes at a higher price. GOG has plenty of DOS and early Windows games, some of which even include original ISOs to use on authentic hardware but does anyone know a way to search specifically for that? It's one thing to know what title you want to find it's another to want to browse, but I have no interest in all the AAA titles, indie, or otherwise more mordern titles. Browsing the ENTIRE library is an undertaking, so how can I filter or find a list of just the classic games?

Reply 2 of 3, by mothergoose729

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

DOS games work pretty well in native DOS when you find the installation folder. DOS based CD games often include an ISO image, but I don't know of any windows games that include an image. Just files that sometimes can be made to work on win9x with some fiddling, but often you need to run the installer which requires XP SP2 or later.

Reply 3 of 3, by Fujoshi-hime

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
robertmo wrote:

1) Thanks, I couldn't figure out how to sort by original release date.

2) Wow, for 'Good Old Games', out of 74 pages of games, you're up to 2004 by page 14. 😮