Reply 181 of 399, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
robertmo wrote on 2020-03-25, 19:52:

In Wuhan, China some buses started to work again

That's nothing, they never stopped working in Milano.. /sarcasm

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 182 of 399, by Bruninho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Errius wrote on 2020-03-24, 12:59:

Currently watching Contagion (2011). Other viewing recommendations for the next days?

Outbreak (1995)

While here in Brazil, Rio de Janeiro being the 2nd most infected city (behind only San Paolo), I am respecting the quarantine, but I can't talk for the others. A few people aren't giving a damn - and this is dangerous.

The Brazilian health department apparently is authorising the use of chloroquine in severe cases as an attempt & test to treat these cases in particular, a 5 day treatment in a hospital, since there are some reports that it helped in some respiratory problems.

I was bfcastello, now I am Bruninho! =]
"Design isn't just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
JOBS, Steve.

Reply 183 of 399, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Bruninho wrote on 2020-03-25, 21:11:
Outbreak (1995) […]
Show full quote

Currently watching Contagion (2011). Other viewing recommendations for the next days?

Outbreak (1995)

While here in Brazil, Rio de Janeiro being the 2nd most infected city (behind only San Paolo), I am respecting the quarantine, but I can't talk for the others. A few people aren't giving a damn - and this is dangerous.

The Brazilian health department apparently is authorising the use of chloroquine in severe cases as an attempt & test to treat these cases in particular, a 5 day treatment in a hospital, since there are some reports that it helped in some respiratory problems.

Yes, I know what is like there in Rio, born and raised. Down here in Paraná the confirmed cases are reaching the 100's and we've been in quarantine for almost a week. Let's hope we can keep it down.

Reply 184 of 399, by Branco

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I expect Umbrella Corporation to be behind this outbreak... except for the zombie part... allthough I can see the potential for a distopic near future Walking Dead like. Meaning end of feedstock, law enforcement, etc.

Reply 186 of 399, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Intel486dx33 wrote on 2020-03-26, 06:51:

What are you going to do with your $1200 of economy stimulus money the USA government is going to give you ?

Pay it back in taxes?

Reply 187 of 399, by The Serpent Rider

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DosFrak wrote:

Until/if skynet takes over these things will happen.

You mean supercomputer made from collective of psychopath human brains from Psycho-Pass.

Get up, come on get down with the sickness
Open up your hate, and let it flow into me

Reply 188 of 399, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
gdjacobs wrote on 2020-03-25, 03:39:
leileilol wrote on 2020-03-25, 00:39:

Akira

Ghost in the Shell 1, 2, and SAC.

Along the same lines, I can recommend Dominion Tank Police (both 1988 & 1994 versions) - where humanity now lives with a cloud of toxic pollution in their everyday life and wearing a breathing mask outdoors is necessary 😁

Reply 189 of 399, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
brostenen wrote on 2020-03-22, 22:19:
Thermalwrong wrote on 2020-03-21, 20:05:

I'm getting over the worst of COVID19 - just beat day 10, the pneumonia / lung damage I got is pretty minimal, but it gave me a heart scare & I've still got some pain in my sides around my lungs.

There were an article in the news, were someone recovered from covid-19, said that his entire body felt like it was on fire. Did you experience that as well?

Not so much, just my heart beating madly for 3-4 days and feeling absolutely exhausted the whole time. Also couldn't sleep well during that time, I'd go to bed with a fever each night and wake up after 1-2 hours soaked in sweat. No significant pain other than a whole bunch of muscle & joint pains, partly from being in bed so much. Once the fever broke for clearing the SARS-COV-2 virus from my lungs, I felt much better, thought I could wash clothes and such, which tired me out for the next day 😀

A week on, I can breathe okay, my heart is kind of back to normal, I'm not coughing as much and my gut / stomach is now the only thing giving me trouble - yesterday I ate a chocolate bar and it set my heart racing for a couple hours to the point I was dizzy and had to go back to bed.

Reply 190 of 399, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Intel486dx33 wrote on 2020-03-26, 06:51:

What are you going to do with your $1200 of economy stimulus money the USA government is going to give you ?

Sweet so this is a global thing? I'm gonna go to Disneyland of course (when it re-opens)

If it's broke, then fix it!

Reply 191 of 399, by Peter Swinkels

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Thermalwrong wrote on 2020-03-26, 10:54:
gdjacobs wrote on 2020-03-25, 03:39:
leileilol wrote on 2020-03-25, 00:39:

Akira

Ghost in the Shell 1, 2, and SAC.

Along the same lines, I can recommend Dominion Tank Police (both 1988 & 1994 versions) - where humanity now lives with a cloud of toxic pollution in their everyday life and wearing a breathing mask outdoors is necessary 😁

Interesting there's a global crisis going on and here people are sharing dystopian movies to watch. 😒 Meh, I don't remember the title but I do remember reading a story about people being unable to breathe and suffocating due to pollution. It was set in the 80s and written during the 70s. The story was one of several in a series of sci-fi books. Almost all depressing.

Last edited by Peter Swinkels on 2020-03-26, 13:22. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 192 of 399, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Peter Swinkels wrote on 2020-03-26, 11:32:

Interesting there's a global crisis going on and here people are sharing dystopian movies to watch. 😒 Meh, I don't remember the title but I do remember reading a story about people being unable to breath and suffocating due to pollution. It was set in the 80s and written during the 70s. The story was one of several in a series of sci-fi books. Almost all depressing.

Well ghost in the shell isn't dystopian. Dominion Tank Police struck a chord with me while I was sick and I watched it over a few days, it's ridiculous and fun. Both are originally written by Masamune Shirow.
I know what you mean though, I'm avoiding the actual disaster movie stuff, just wanted to mention the interesting co-incidence.
In Dominion, the nanites they used to build their future world had the side effect of causing toxic pollution, it's from the mid 80's. During that time, exploring the effects of ecological damage became a trope of most science fiction.

Reply 194 of 399, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Branco wrote on 2020-03-26, 11:59:

Just wondering how many of us think the pandemic is a very serious problem, but that our lifes will eventually get back to same old, and how many understand this could be a paradigm shift event.

It will change the world fundamentally and for good, anyone who doesn't see that coming will be in for quite a shock.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 195 of 399, by Peter Swinkels

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
appiah4 wrote on 2020-03-26, 13:01:
Branco wrote on 2020-03-26, 11:59:

Just wondering how many of us think the pandemic is a very serious problem, but that our lifes will eventually get back to same old, and how many understand this could be a paradigm shift event.

It will change the world fundamentally and for good, anyone who doesn't see that coming will be in for quite a shock.

That’s a big statement to make. What sort of fundamental changes are you thinking of?

Reply 196 of 399, by matze79

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

this virus is too weak to rescue the planet, unfortunately humanity will continue to evole the world into junkyard.

Infect rate of corona with the power of ebola indeed can solve the human infection of planet earth 😳
but this is not happen. so everything will continue as usual.

Humans killing Humans, moving Country borders between nations..,
humans do all for money and power, the real virus is humanity.

nothing will change, except there is one player more on the table.

did black death change anything ? no.
Still War.

https://dosreloaded.de - The German Retro DOS PC Community
https://www.retroianer.de - under constructing since ever

Co2 - for a endless Summer

Reply 197 of 399, by Peter Swinkels

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
matze79 wrote on 2020-03-26, 13:27:
this virus is too weak to rescue the planet, unfortunately humanity will continue to evole the world into junkyard. […]
Show full quote

this virus is too weak to rescue the planet, unfortunately humanity will continue to evole the world into junkyard.

Infect rate of corona with the power of ebola indeed can solve the human infection of planet earth 😳
but this is not happen. so everything will continue as usual.

Humans killing Humans, moving Country borders between nations..,
humans do all for money and power, the real virus is humanity.

nothing will change, except there is one player more on the table.

did black death change anything ? no.
Still War.

Wait, wait... you are saying you expect an epidemic should bring peace and solve environmental issues? No humans wouldn’t mean peace. The animal kingdom can be a very savage place. No more pollution? None by humans, we will leave that to natural disasters such as volcanos filling the entire atmosphere with debris. 🤣

Reply 198 of 399, by matze79

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

hell yeah 😁 where is the difference, isnt humanity a natural disaster ?

i just think, not everything is eaten as hot as its get cooked.

developed countrys should not have much problems to stand this.

There are a LOT of Scaremongering..

https://dosreloaded.de - The German Retro DOS PC Community
https://www.retroianer.de - under constructing since ever

Co2 - for a endless Summer

Reply 199 of 399, by Peter Swinkels

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
matze79 wrote on 2020-03-26, 13:47:
hell yeah :D where is the difference, isnt humanity a natural disaster ? […]
Show full quote

hell yeah 😁 where is the difference, isnt humanity a natural disaster ?

i just think, not everything is eaten as hot as its get cooked.

developed countrys should not have much problems to stand this.

There are a LOT of Scaremongering..

And scared and confused people.