Common searches

Guess the game!!

Topic actions

Reply 1040 of 1640, by FuzzyLogic

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
xjas wrote:

Okay, this is stupid. No one's going to guess what that one is after some weeks(!) and FuzzyLogic even popped back in and declined to post a hint. I'm gonna declare his entry dead & put up a (hopefully!) easier one in the interest of keeping things moving.

Sorry about that, I've been having DNS problems with vogons.org and some posts got lost. I probably should have not posted a Commodore 64 game on a PC thread. Anyway it is called Juice! by Tronix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HklIf_hll_Y. It's a fun game similar to Q*Bert.

Reply 1041 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
FuzzyLogic wrote:
xjas wrote:

Okay, this is stupid. No one's going to guess what that one is after some weeks(!) and FuzzyLogic even popped back in and declined to post a hint. I'm gonna declare his entry dead & put up a (hopefully!) easier one in the interest of keeping things moving.

Sorry about that, I've been having DNS problems with vogons.org and some posts got lost. I probably should have not posted a Commodore 64 game on a PC thread. Anyway it is called Juice! by Tronix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HklIf_hll_Y. It's a fun game similar to Q*Bert.

We like hard games, just don't leave the thread to die if nobody else knows it. 😜 This thread has threatened to devolve into hipster I'm-more-obscure-than-you-dick-wagging a few times now. C64 is fair game as are any other PCs, consoles, etc.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1042 of 1640, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
xjas wrote:

Damnit, one or the other is a total knockoff then. 😜

When you trace the lineage, they're actually both knockoffs of the same thing. 😉
As a hint: the original was an Amiga game with a title which *pretends* to belong to a well-known franchise/fictional universe, although it has very little to do with it, other than slithery animals. And the game in question has a similar (but not identical) title.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 1043 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've gone through every Amiga snake game on Mobygames from 1994 or earlier (year of the original Amiga release of Viper) and didn't see anything it could be a knockoff of. Seriously, nothing even close. I don't think I'm gonna get this one from that info.

Feel free to post another hint.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1044 of 1640, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Okay, this is the Amiga original: http://www.mobygames.com/game/amiga/achtung-die-kurve (and what I was referring to is specifically the alternate "Dune 3" title). It's grouped under "light cycle games" so might have not shown up under "snake variants", I guess.
The clone I refer to is for PC (DOS), and I guess I'll submit it to Moby as well so it'll be there in a few days in case there's still no guess 😉

Reply 1045 of 1640, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
VileRancour wrote:

The clone I refer to is for PC (DOS), and I guess I'll submit it to Moby as well so it'll be there in a few days in case there's still no guess 😉

Pending now, but here's an even fatter clue in the meantime: it was released in 1995, and the author announced it on Usenet. C'mon, shouldn't be hard now.

Reply 1049 of 1640, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nah 😀
Let's give Moby one more day to approve my damn submission so the first person to spot it could get this one for free... otherwise this round can end.

EDIT: it's up on MG. No excuses now 😁

Reply 1051 of 1640, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DonutKing wrote:

Pune?

I'd never even heard of it 😵

Yep!
Wasn't my intention to post something *that* obscure this time - a coworker of mine mentioned this game a while ago, so I thought some here might know it as well. 😀

Your turn then...

Reply 1053 of 1640, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
VileRancour wrote:

Wasn't my intention to post something *that* obscure this time - a coworker of mine mentioned this game a while ago, so I thought some here might know it as well. 😀

Indeed it's obscure - it's not occured at all on HappyPuppy (the game site I most frequented then) but GamesDomain does have a brief "Tron like game with worms instead of lightbikes!" mention of it.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 1054 of 1640, by kithylin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well at least this thread has gone from 320x240 screenshots to compatible with 1080p screens. That's a pleasant change.. Don't know what the game is though.

Reply 1055 of 1640, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm afraid to answer since I don't really have a screenshot of a game ready at the moment, but is that "StarFire" or something to that degree? I played the game before but can't remember it's name correctly.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 1056 of 1640, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, that's correct! StarFire by Silver Lightning Software. It's an Australian game too 😀

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 1057 of 1640, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I wonder if anybody knows what this is but I can't remember if I ever posted this game before or not...

Attachments

• asdfghjk.png
    Filename
    asdfghjk.png
    File size
    15.25 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων