http://www.neoseeker.com/news/9147-commentary … than-fallout-3/

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 22 of 26, by dh4rm4

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That list is bigotted and pretty inaccurate. For a dude who claims to have played 20 hours in he hasn't even got to Reilly's Rangers, which is a pretty early mission - lotsa Ghouls in that mission (and map location - on the way to restoring the GNR transmitter dish) who aren't mindless, slavering attack drones. There are also many random encounters if you, yaknow, explore the world - a staple of RPG'ing. I think he hasn't played much of the game at all.

Reply 23 of 26, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've played 20+hrs.....the only random encounters I remember are:

1. A guy with about 3-4 robots who you can buy a robot from. I wasn't able to get one though....
2. A Doctor who was traveling the wasteland alone for some reason. (Along the edge of the map).
3. Robots attacking Raiders/Various wildlife
4. BoS attacking Raiders.
5. Guys you can sell/repair stuff....they usually have locations setup out in the middle of nowhere?

Basically it's either 2 factions attacking each other or people you can sell stuff too. I haven't seen the carvan's traveling the wasteland...they seem to magically appear at each big city. Haven't seen any unusual random encounters. Haven't run into anyone you can have a conversation with. Haven't gotten any quests from a random encounter. Haven't gotten any unusual items from a random encounter.

I'm really disappointed with the Robots. Everytime you see them roaming way out in the wasteland you expect to see them guarding something technological or something, instead they are just shooting raiders/wildlife. WTF are they doing out there? Where's their power source? They always have tons of Energy Cells on them that's for sure.

The only Ghoul's I've seen that are intelligent is the one at Megaton and the ones that are in that building when you do the Reilly's Rangers mission. (oh and one at Tenpenny Tower).

I guess Ghoul's don't travel the wasteland? Raiders/Settlers/BoS/Robots/Talon's sure do.....

Last edited by DosFreak on 2008-11-05, 17:33. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 24 of 26, by dh4rm4

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think the robots behaviour could be explained as a result of the failed government - no new programs, yet still on 'war' mode. Within mission locations they're quite logically being used as defensive measures and can often be disabled by terminal access.

Reilly's is not 20 hours in though, that was my point - especially when not exploring the gameworld much because doing so would show more random encounters via sidemissions and train tunnel navigation (which you essentially have to do prior to reaching GNR).

Anyway, the game sure isn't perfect but it's also not the debacle some one-eyed Fallout fans would have people believe.

Reply 25 of 26, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Did anyone noticed the thread title says 'Falltout 3'.

Too much Nuka Cola DOSFreak, too much (or the Quantum variety).

😁

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 26 of 26, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

heh didn't notice that. Kind of fits tho. Nope, no Nuka Cola here. Plenty of Jet though with a side of Med-X. 😉