Common searches

Fallout 4 discussion thread!

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 101, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Each new TES/Fallout release from Oblivion onward has moved the game design further into a direction that I didn't really care for, so I'm not very hopeful about Fallout 4. However, I'm sure I will watch some video LPs of the game and see what I think of it then. I think I'll forget about any concern of spoiling because I have no idea if or when I'll ever play it myself.
The first thought I have is that they removed item durability from Skyrim. That was a dumb enough move for Skyrim, but if they also removed it from the Fallout series that's going to be even worse.

I won't be able to run F4 anytime in the foreseeable future because I don't care to run a supported OS. Eventually, I may cave in and buy some modern gaming OS for the sake of playing new games, but probably not anytime soon. By the time "Fallout 4 GOTY Legendary Multi-Pack" is in the $20 pile, I'll maybe pick it up, if I have a required OS and acceptable PC at that point. By that time there might also be mods that help tweak the game more to suit me.

Reply 22 of 101, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
badmojo wrote:

I've been telling myself "badmojo, you don't have time for this now, wait until it's patched and cheap", but this thread pushed me over the edge and I bought it yesterday. I had to use a local dealer for the first time in a long time because Steam is inexplicably charging we Aussies ~113 buckeroos, which is an outrage.

Fo sho.

Mates don't let mates buy new releases on Steam.

JB Hifi and OzGameShop have the best prices from what I've seen.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 23 of 101, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have such a large Steam / GOG backlog from sales 🤣

Haven't even played Fallout 3 😊

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 24 of 101, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SquallStrife wrote:

Yes sir JB had the best deal in town but were sold out last I checked (for online). I went with Dungeon Crawl via eBay - they were a cool little bricks and mortar store I used to hit up back in the the day (when cool little bricks and mortar stores could turn a profit). $70 delivered I paid through them.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 25 of 101, by Ariakos

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SKARDAVNELNATE wrote:

Why pre-order? Did you get a limited edition? Do you expect the game will be hard to find?

I got it at a discount price of 40€ when I pre-ordered. Not super-cheap, I know. But pretty good for a new release.

Reply 26 of 101, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SquallStrife wrote:
Fo sho. […]
Show full quote
badmojo wrote:

I've been telling myself "badmojo, you don't have time for this now, wait until it's patched and cheap", but this thread pushed me over the edge and I bought it yesterday. I had to use a local dealer for the first time in a long time because Steam is inexplicably charging we Aussies ~113 buckeroos, which is an outrage.

Fo sho.

Mates don't let mates buy new releases on Steam.

It's irrelevant where you buy it because even if you buy a DVD, it still makes you download the game from the Steam servers and yes, it actually downloads the game from the servers it doesn't just verify that you have a legitimate copy so paying extra for a physical copy is waste of money unless you ordered the Special Pipboy edition. .

Reply 27 of 101, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:

It's irrelevant where you buy it because even if you buy a DVD, it still makes you download the game from the Steam servers and yes, it actually downloads the game from the servers it doesn't just verify that you have a legitimate copy so paying extra for a physical copy is waste of money unless you ordered the Special Pipboy edition. .

Do you think before you type? The price is the issue here, not where the zeros and ones come from.

Reply 28 of 101, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
badmojo wrote:

Do you think before you type? The price is the issue here, not where the zeros and ones come from.

You live in australia, All games cost more because we have to turn the the 1's and 0's upside down for you. If there are water physics in a game, we Americans have to make sure the water spins the wrong way around.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 29 of 101, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
luckybob wrote:

You live in australia, All games cost more because we have to turn the the 1's and 0's upside down for you. If there are water physics in a game, we Americans have to make sure the water spins the wrong way around.

Indeed it is so, and we appreciate your efforts to provide us with realistic virtual toilets. But could you please extend your localisation efforts to include which side of the road we drive on? I keep drifting over to the left lane during high speed pursuits in GTA 😕

Reply 30 of 101, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:

It's irrelevant where you buy it

SO IRRELEVANT

Hb4JbDd.png
(USD)

4cQMBsL.png
(AUD)

ytuxba5.png
(AUD)

But who cares how much you pay, the ones and zeroes are the same right?

*facepalm*

Reply 31 of 101, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
badmojo wrote:
sliderider wrote:

Physical copies cost more than digital downloads. Do you think boxes and instruction manuals are free? Do YOU even think before you type?

SquallStrife wrote:
SO IRRELEVANT […]
Show full quote
sliderider wrote:

It's irrelevant where you buy it

SO IRRELEVANT

Hb4JbDd.png
(USD)

4cQMBsL.png
(AUD)

ytuxba5.png
(AUD)

But who cares how much you pay, the ones and zeroes are the same right?

*facepalm*

I don't know where you're getting those crazy high prices from, but I haven't seen it higher than $59.99 anywhere. I strongly suspect you've been utilizing your Photoshop skills to doctor that Steam store screenshot. Mine says $59.99 not $79.99. Maybe Valve thinks you're so special that they charge you $20 more for games than everyone else.

Screenshot%20117_zpsq0f6kvg0.png

Reply 32 of 101, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:
I don't know where you're getting those crazy high prices from, but I haven't seen it higher than $59.99 anywhere. I strongly su […]
Show full quote

I don't know where you're getting those crazy high prices from, but I haven't seen it higher than $59.99 anywhere. I strongly suspect you've been utilizing your Photoshop skills to doctor that Steam store screenshot. Mine says $59.99 not $79.99. Maybe Valve thinks you're so special that they charge you $20 more for games than everyone else.

Screenshot%20117_zpsq0f6kvg0.png

I shouldn't have to tell you this, given that the VOGONS userbase is fairly global, but NOT EVERYBODY LIVES IN THE UNITED STATES.

It's kind of sad that you think I'd try to deceive you. Steam has region-based pricing, it's a well-documented fact. They even make it nice and easy for you to verify:

(US price) http://store.steampowered.com/app/377160/?cc=us
(Aus price) http://store.steampowered.com/app/377160/?cc=au

Fuck, even if I did get it for $59.99 USD, that's still over $85 AUD. The local retailers are STILL cheaper.

So, shall I pay $80 USD (nearly $115 AUD) or $60 USD (~$85 AUD)? OR shall I go to a local retailer and buy it for $65 AUD or less? HMMMMMMM.......

Don't worry sliderider, it's OK to be wrong sometimes. It's how we learn!

Edit: Even if we didn't /explicitly/ say we were in Australia, why would my previous screenshots have been labelled "(AUD)"?? Even if my Steam screenie was doctored, you would have found that $59 AUD is wayyy less than $59.99 USD.

Edit2: I WISH my photoshop skills were any good. 😉

Reply 33 of 101, by Iris030380

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Fallout 3 was basically Oblivion with guns. A casual action/fps/rpg which shouldn't have existed in the first place. Fallout 4 will be exactly the same. It's disgusting how Bethesda, who do exactly as they are told by Zenimax, have somehow managed to get the Fallout, Doom and I guess Quake franchises (thank GOD Starbreeze got to make Wolfenstein) and are basically driving them into the ground in pursuit of bottom line.

That is why I am out.

I5-2500K @ 4.0Ghz + R9 290 + 8GB DDR3 1333 :: I3-540 @ 4.2 GHZ + 6870 4GB DDR3 2000 :: E6300 @ 2.7 GHZ + 1950XTX 2GB DDR2 800 :: A64 3700 + 1950PRO AGP 2GB DDR400 :: K63+ @ 550MHZ + V2 SLI 256 PC133:: P200 + MYSTIQUE / 3Dfx 128 PC66

Reply 34 of 101, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

In Australia we often get shafted with digital content prices. Be it games, software or movies / TV shows. I also found that many games are cheaper through retail compared to digital distribution. However there are also sites that sell keys, such as Cdkey Warehouse. Others trick the system into buying from US Steam, and there are professional gifters who take a cut.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 35 of 101, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Iris030380 wrote:

Fallout 3 was basically Oblivion with guns. A casual action/fps/rpg which shouldn't have existed in the first place. Fallout 4 will be exactly the same. It's disgusting how Bethesda, who do exactly as they are told by Zenimax, have somehow managed to get the Fallout, Doom and I guess Quake franchises (thank GOD Starbreeze got to make Wolfenstein) and are basically driving them into the ground in pursuit of bottom line.

That is why I am out.

From what I can tell this thread is aimed at people who want to play Fallout 4, not grumps who didn't want to play Fallout 3 😀

Reply 36 of 101, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Iris030380 wrote:

Fallout 3 was basically Oblivion with guns. A casual action/fps/rpg which shouldn't have existed in the first place.

Counter-point: Oblivion was basically Fallout 3 with swords and dragons. A dreadfully generic high-fantasy RPG that blends in with the background noise of bloody everything.

Not interested in World of Elder Dragon Witcher Age Scrolls of the RingsCraft IV. That's why I'M out. 😜

Reply 37 of 101, by rgart

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The important thing is ... is it 5 hours from now or 6? 😀
I'm led to believe http://vault111.com./ is accurate.

=My Cyrix 5x86 systems : 120MHz vs 133MHz=. =My 486DX2-66MHz=