VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 40 of 49, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just tried that SGM soundfont and it sounds rather terrible compared to GeneralUserGS for the MIDI I listen to, it may just be acquired taste though.

Cyberbykes: Shadow Racer VR has some really amazing MIDI music by the way.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 41 of 49, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

When I work on computers, I usually listen to humming fans, nagging girlfriend, or tinnitus.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 43 of 49, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

When you're having tinnitus, try going into an anechoic chamber for best effects. 😁

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."—Arthur C. Clarke
"No way. Installing the drivers on these things always gives me a headache."—Guybrush Threepwood (on cutting-edge voodoo technology)

Reply 44 of 49, by darksheer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

When working on computers I usually listen music that doesn't require any attention or using brain cells 🤣 (like ones that let the TV on doing something else I suppose).
That can be some Hardcore(early/old school <= 96), Eurodance, Aggrotech/EBM/Cyber Industrial or Techno (early and mid 90's) for example 🤣
A way of focusing more on the computer than the music 😁

Reply 45 of 49, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, most of the time I don't listen to music at all, but when I do it'll probably be 90's indie, ambient/sound scape/experimental stuff, drum-bass, 60's garage/psychedelic, surf, Irish folk/older country, Miles Davis/Coltrane era Jazz, some big band/60's movie sound track/TV show theme type of things.

Can't stand the current crop of bellowing divas and whimpering man-boys.

Reply 46 of 49, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

"Can't stand the current crop of bellowing divas and whimpering man-boys."

Amen to that brother. 🤣

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 49 of 49, by AlphaDangerDen

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bjt wrote:

Sometimes I put on http://www.scenemusic.net for some demoscene tunes. Always brings back some good memories 😎

I'm hooked on this site now haha. Very nice demoscene music 😎