Common searches

Guess the game by a phrase

Topic actions

Reply 45 of 65, by Harekiet

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Yeh weird, your mp3 entry was the last one on the previous page and you try to answer it before checking if there's newer posts on a next page 😜

Reply 46 of 65, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have visited a dentist today and seems I can't yet properly speak. I'm passing the right to post to anyone who wishes to. In order to avoid possible mess (several people recording their phrases in parallel), please first claim the right by posting here, then record and post your phrase.

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 48 of 65, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I really like this thread/game, so I feel like reviving it. I think this has potential, so let me begin once again with a favorite game 😊 . Should be fairly obvious!

Attachments

• Filename
    guess.mp3
    File size
    83.9 KiB
    Downloads
    61 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 50 of 65, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Deus Ex.

In the Lucky Money Club you can find a group of Russian sailors, frobbing one of them causes them to say that. It's also the voice sample played when testing the Voice Volume in the Sound Options menu.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 52 of 65, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DracoNihil wrote:

Deus Ex.

In the Lucky Money Club you can find a group of Russian sailors, frobbing one of them causes them to say that. It's also the voice sample played when testing the Voice Volume in the Sound Options menu.

Nailed it! Your turn!

Reply 53 of 65, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't know if this counts but, this is the only thing I've ever recorded myself speaking off of a game and I do not have a working microphone to do anything else ATM:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45822870/ … dmacharison.wav

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 55 of 65, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just gave this another listen, is this from Unreal? Might be from Return to Na Pali which I've never played unfortunately.
But I am getting the feeling that you recorded one of the data logs you can find throughout the game in your own voice. Did I get it? 🤣

Reply 56 of 65, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's Unreal. Temple of Chizra where you get the Eightball for the first time. What I spoke was part of a TranslatorEvent in the map that I voice acted for my ex boyfriend's project of turning all the TranslatorEvent's in Unreal's maps into System Shock-esque audio logs.

Your turn.

― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 57 of 65, by Putas

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DracoNihil wrote:

It's Unreal. Temple of Chizra where you get the Eightball for the first time. What I spoke was part of a TranslatorEvent in the map that I voice acted for my ex boyfriend's project of turning all the TranslatorEvent's in Unreal's maps into System Shock-esque audio logs.

Good idea btw.

Reply 58 of 65, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Putas wrote:
DracoNihil wrote:

Good idea btw.

Indeed! Here's a new one.

Attachments

• Filename
    guess.mp3
    File size
    328.35 KiB
    Downloads
    54 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 59 of 65, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No idea on the last one.

Will you accept a typed out phrase, or is it mp3 only? The one I have in mind is memorized. 😀

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks