Common searches

Guess the game!!

Topic actions

Reply 402 of 1640, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Super easy, and contains clues if not immediately recognized, but it won't be a waste of a turn if anyone is introduced to it. 😀

tooeasy.png
Filename
tooeasy.png
File size
40.35 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 403 of 1640, by fyy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
JayCeeBee64 wrote:
Yup, it's Morphose: […]
Show full quote

Yup, it's Morphose:

P9YQ2EM.png Jy6wzOr.png

A fun little time waster, too bad only this site mentions it by name (look in Misc. software). MobyGames, GameFAQs, Giant Bomb, etc, don't seem to know it even exists. And yes, sorry about clipping part of the screens - as you can see, it was necessary ^^.

Well done ripsaw8080. Your turn 😀

The screenshots for this game also serves as a good monitor inversion test. (They flicker slightly on this monitor) 🤣

Reply 404 of 1640, by smeezekitty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ripsaw8080 wrote:

Super easy, and contains clues if not immediately recognized, but it won't be a waste of a turn if anyone is introduced to it. 😀

tooeasy.png

I know what it is ... but I am not sure if I should say it because I can't think of a game to put up.

Reply 406 of 1640, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
smeezekitty wrote:

It's Strange Adventures in Infinite Space.

Correct.

For those that don't know, it's a free game for PC and Mac, with improved sequels available for sale: http://www.digital-eel.com/sais/

SAIS only runs in fullscreen on the Windows platform, which can be not-so-nice on modern widescreen displays, but DxWnd or similar can run it in a window: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/

Reply 407 of 1640, by smeezekitty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's neat that it is open source. Someone should make some free assets so it will become completely free.

This is probably easy but I thought I would post it since I just bought it.

newgame.jpg

Reply 415 of 1640, by Lo Wang

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If I didn't know better, I'd have said something with Indiana Jones.

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved" - Romans 10:9

Reply 416 of 1640, by ZanQuance

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Not Indiana Jones related either. It's one of the type in games from Compute Gazette 1985 issue.
The premise is you must move along the green lines closing them in like doors around whirligigs which chase you.

Reply 418 of 1640, by ZanQuance

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ding Ding Ding! Turnabout it is, you got it!

We spent a few days typing in all that code and had bugs everywhere so I never got past level 8.
It was this game or Hacker I spent most my time on as a kid 😀 (typing them in that is, never got whirlybird working...)

Reply 419 of 1640, by RadioPoultry

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ZanQuance wrote:

Ding Ding Ding! Turnabout it is, you got it!

We spent a few days typing in all that code and had bugs everywhere so I never got past level 8.
It was this game or Hacker I spent most my time on as a kid 😀 (typing them in that is, never got whirlybird working...)

Cool! I remember my brother typing in games for GW-Basic from 3-2-1 Contact magazine.

Here's something I discovered recently. Guess the game!

Attachments

• hmm.png
    Filename
    hmm.png
    File size
    2.04 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception