Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 420 of 1960, by senrew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Met up with an old buddy who had some games and an old 486 for me. When he pulled out the bag of games I about shit myself. Every single one of these is complete. Complete Complete Complete. Whoever the original owner was left pages of handwritten notes, passwords, etc. Every original disc has a backup copy included with it.

Too tired to take pics of all the goodies in each box, but here's the lot. Also, a couple of non-game items which I thought were just cool. All of this for free from my friend.

WP_20130712_009.jpg
WP_20130712_010.jpg

Halcyon: PC Chips M525, P100, 64MB, Millenium 1, Voodoo1, AWE64, DVD, Win95B

Reply 421 of 1960, by AlucarD86

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

wow aweome find you got there 😁 its so weird how many guys still have treasures in their attic or garages and they dont even care about it anymore 😁

PC Setup: Mainboard ASUS CUBX | CPU Intel Pentium III-S Tualatin 1.4 GHz | Memory 780 MB SDRam | Soundcard Creative SB Audigy SB0160 | GPUs Nvidia FX5900 Ulta Matrox M3D PCI | HDD 2x40 GB WD/Seagate | OS Win98SE and WinXPSP1 in dual boot

Reply 424 of 1960, by senrew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've been building up my flight and space sim collection lately. Here are the most recent puchases, mostly from ebay but a few from goozex. Most of these were sealed before I got to them 😉

WP_20130914_001.jpg

Reply 426 of 1960, by senrew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Made another thrift store run today. Picked these up today:

Games-small.jpg

The X-Wing jewel case is still in its shrinkwrap. The others are just kinda there. Didn't pay more than $4 for any of them.

Reply 428 of 1960, by PhaytalError

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I swear, the city I live in sucks hard for anything vintage/retro.

When I lived in Tampa, FL I was always finding something awesome. Be it DOS games or old PC's in the thrift stores and flea markets.

I moved to this state and city i'm in now about 3 years ago and almost nothing. -.- I did manage to pick up a mint original boxed Nascar Racing (CD-ROM version) by Papyrus at the local Goodwill Outlet Center for about $1 USD a few weeks ago, and last weekend managed to score an original boxed like new MT-32 for only $70 USD (was an awesome birthday for me). 😀

DOS Gaming System: MS-DOS, AMD K6-III+ 400/ATZ@600Mhz, ASUS P5A v1.04 Motherboard, 32 MB RAM, 17" CRT monitor, Diamond Stealth 64 3000 4mb PCI, SB16 [CT1770], Roland MT-32 & Roland SC-55, 40GB Hard Drive, 3.5" Floppy Drive.

Reply 429 of 1960, by senrew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Actually, Miami sucks balls for PC stuff. I've got a friend who finds shit EVERY day out thrifting and haunting pawn shops and flea markets. EVERY DAY. However, he's 100% into classic console gaming so anything PC he finds he'll usually give me the heads up on if not outright pick it up for me. Everything I post I've found myself, it's a pride thing.

I'd say maybe 70% have been thrift finds, the other 30% goozex. I haven't branched out to the other game trading sites yet, but even goozex is a tough call because the community has stagnated so much.

I did find almost the entire Sierra Nascar and other racing series at a pawn for about $2 a piece. It was only jewel case/manual though so I didn't pick it up. I'd PREFER fully boxed games but if I'm out at a thrift or something I'll pick up a jewel cased only game. On average they aren't more than about $2 each so it's not that bad. Most of the boxed stuff comes from trading.

Reply 430 of 1960, by PhaytalError

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Bought all of this today at our local Goodwill Outlet Center for about $4.00 - Everything is in mint condition. 😎 😁

CAM00009.jpg
7th Guest came with the original receipt (not pictured). The original owner bought this back in 1998.

CAM00010.jpg

CAM00011.jpg
I seen these and just HAD to have 'em. These "Video Professor" VHS tapes were really marketed hardcore back in the day.

DOS Gaming System: MS-DOS, AMD K6-III+ 400/ATZ@600Mhz, ASUS P5A v1.04 Motherboard, 32 MB RAM, 17" CRT monitor, Diamond Stealth 64 3000 4mb PCI, SB16 [CT1770], Roland MT-32 & Roland SC-55, 40GB Hard Drive, 3.5" Floppy Drive.

Reply 432 of 1960, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I wish flea markets/goodwill/Salvation Army/liquidation stores/street sales/dumpsters etc., around here still had such good stuff... Once in a blue moon I stumble on something cool but it's rare now and that's lead me to searching even less which has meant a downward spiral: less stuff out there - less searching - even less stuff found. eBay and Amazon are the only consistent sources but you have to pay, or be very patient.

Reply 433 of 1960, by senrew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I had some decent luck up in ramapo county when I was still living up there. Gotta get out of the city, too many people there.

Reply 434 of 1960, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Especially Manhattan. It's changed so much in just the last 10 years - the *complete* over run by financial/corporate types, stem-to-toe up and downtown, driving up rents up wherever they think it's 'cool' to live - pushing out the natives [ie the 98%], interesting local businesses that once flourished here, cramming every empty square foot of remaining space with out-of-this-world luxury dwellings. and generally making things very unpleasant for those of us who still manage to cling to the last true vestiges of our once great city... now a rich ghetto nouveau-riche theme park... sorry for the rant... NY Football Giants 0-6 🙁

Reply 435 of 1960, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
tincup wrote:

Especially Manhattan. It's changed so much in just the last 10 years - the *complete* over run by financial/corporate types, stem-to-toe up and downtown, driving up rents up wherever they think it's 'cool' to live - pushing out the natives [ie the 98%], interesting local businesses that once flourished here, cramming every empty square foot of remaining space with out-of-this-world luxury dwellings. and generally making things very unpleasant for those of us who still manage to cling to the last true vestiges of our once great city... now a rich ghetto nouveau-riche theme park... sorry for the rant... NY Football Giants 0-6 🙁

So what you're saying is that landlords should rent to lower income people for less money when they can be making more renting to the rich? You sir,are a prime example of everything that is wrong with this country today. People with entitlement mentalities who think everyone should give them something for nothing. If you can't afford to live in the city, then move. Don't expect others to lower their own standard of living to suit what you think is "fair". All men may be created equal, but thats where it ends. The outcome that you get from life is dependent solely on what you do for yourself NOT what you think others more successful than you are owe you.

Reply 436 of 1960, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wasn't expecting accolades when I made a locals plea - one never gets it from the corporate types anyway. They are so full of answers as to what the right way is. Are you still living where you were bred and born? Would you still fight for it?

Reply 437 of 1960, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

First warning: Not pointing any fingers, but the topic of this thread is "Bought these games today". Please stay on topic.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 439 of 1960, by Stefan_L

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Some more Atari ST games 😀

stgames4.jpg

And heres a pic of a earlier batch that i don't think i posted here:
(now i have two james pond it seems)

atarist_games_dp.jpg