VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 61 of 276, by GXL750

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Current versions of DNF being worked on by the developers will have the same bugs as Quake or Unreal or whatever game they're modding levels on to make false screen shots at the given moment.

Notice how it was announced that several people would be allowed to play Duke Nukem Forever recently and almost immediately after, it seems that many people just vanished? Obviously either bullshit and/or Gearbox has a more enticing and persuasive privacy clause than Apple, Microsoft, IBM, Sony, Nintendo and the CIA.

Oh yes, and just as was done earlier this year, as we near the current "release date," the release date will probably get pushed back again.

I honestly don't think there ever was a Duke Nukem Forever and that this is a 14 year old troll that's still at large.

Last edited by GXL750 on 2011-05-03, 23:59. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 62 of 276, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What are you talking about? I played it in Brisbane a month or two ago. I wasn't that impressed, although it was on an xbox and I'm a diehard PC gamer, console controllers are absolutely terrible for playing FPS games.

It was a very console-y feeling game, reminded me a bit like Borderlands without the loot or the cel-shaded graphics.

Reply 64 of 276, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Not just that though, stuff like only carrying 2 weapons and pressing a button to swap between them.... where's the walking armory Duke with 10 weapons that we know and love?
It kinda feels like call of duty with cheesy one liners.

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 65 of 276, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Like I said, of course there are going to be more bugs. But the ones they KNOW about are squashed.

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 66 of 276, by SavantStrike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
MusicallyInspired wrote:

Like I said, of course there are going to be more bugs. But the ones they KNOW about are squashed.

The ones they know about probably aren't going to be the major ones (maybe).

I know the kids ate up DN3D when it came out because of the controversy, but to me it's charm was never about a few strippers in the game, but about the fun factor of the game itself. Hearing Duke say "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum" was very rewarding at the time.

I worry about just how far the developers tried to drift into the shock category ever since I saw the feces trailer. They seriously spent time making sure you could throw crap in the game. Shock value, but it doesn't add to the game play one bit.

Reply 67 of 276, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's not so much about the shock value as it is about the interactivity of pretty much anything you can imagine, which IS what made Duke3D so great, and in DNF's case, it includes interactivity with floaters. Duke3D was far more interactive than any other FPS out at the time.

My Github

Reply 68 of 276, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

During a happy hour, Larry Laffer, Roger Wilco and a Doom Marine were having a drink, when the marine asked as a matter of fact :

Doom Marine : Know what? It seems Duke is coming in June?

Larry: Duke? Duke who?

Doom Marine : You know, Duke Nuke Forev...

Sploosh....spray...drip..drip
(Both Larry and Roger sprayed out whatever drink that was in their mouth - on the marine.)

Roger burst out laughing, hammering the table with his fist uncontrollably.

Larry : ...mmffgff...bw...please! Please... no more..mmffghh...bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Doom Marine : Hey I'm DEAD SERIOUS!! He IS coming. This June.

(Larry was holding his stomach now. Unable to talk. (But able to laugh hysterically.))

Marine: It's CONFIRMED!

(Roger is already rolling on the floor laughing....)

Roger : mmmmghhhh....ss....stwop....please stop!!...hahahahahahahaha.....

Meanwhile, the world is getting ready to embrace Duke Nukem who took "Forever" to cum....err...come.

😁

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 69 of 276, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

linear? really? don't tell me it is another worthless FPS (like the most recent Bulletstorm that comes in mind) with small one-way routes with checkpoints that you don't have to search the exit....? if that is the case then I am already regretting pre-ordering it...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 71 of 276, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's definitely not a run-n-cutscene FPS. Time will tell I suppose.

My Github

Reply 72 of 276, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

DNF is available for pre-order on Steam. 10% off.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/57900/

My Github

Reply 74 of 276, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I was more into Blood than Duke3D. Its sense of twisted humor is more for me. 😉

Duke3D was made popular by

-single player mode being interactive and "mature"
-deathmatch mode that was very popular. Maybe more than Quake?
-modding

Will it have the same splash now days? I think it's going to sell extremely well if it doesn't suck. If it does suck it will probably still sell well just based on urban legend.

Reply 75 of 276, by nikiniki

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

$45 for downloading Duke Nukem Forever? Come on. New download games should be $15-$20, not more.

$45 is ok to buy a new game in the stores, not for downloading a new game.

I guess I wait the next year to buy it.

Reply 76 of 276, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
swaaye wrote:

Duke3D was made popular by

It shipped with BUILD.EXE.

AND THERE IS BOOBIES ON E1L2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRESS SPACE ON WOMAN TO SEE THEM

also, he says the s word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is extreme with the biggest attitude ever seen in video games!

Reply 77 of 276, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Also Duke had a larger palette than 4 colors that quake did (black grey green brown)

OK I'm being facetious. There was also red used for blood, so that makes 5 all up

Reply 78 of 276, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote:

It shipped with BUILD.EXE.

AND THERE IS BOOBIES ON E1L2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRESS SPACE ON WOMAN TO SEE THEM

also, he says the s word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he is extreme with the biggest attitude ever seen in video games!

Yup, teenagers were enthralled. I was there.

Though I only beat a few levels of it honestly... I always meant to go back to it but it never happened. Makes me think of Sin which I never got anywhere in either.

Reply 79 of 276, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
swaaye wrote:

Yup, teenagers were enthralled. I was there.

Yeah I'd imagine Heretic wasn't a relative success among them considering you lift up heavy doors with chesty men on them which almost appears like you tried to reveal his loincloth.

You'd expect Sin to carry the same success in 1998 among the teenagers... but NO! SOUTH PARK FPS GAME!!!! HOLY CRAP THEY SWEAR!!!!!! ON MY NINTENDO 64!!!! "IM GONNA SHOW YOU HOW TO KICK ASS!!!!!!!"