VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi folks,

I just grabbed a Mk320 desktop set yesterday for peanuts, less than a large coffee, I could see it had the mouse missing, but it had "a" USB receiver in there and the keyboard. I thought at the time it was worth it for another unifying receiver, because I have more other Logitech stuff that could use one vs receivers available.

However, I actually look close at the thing when I get it home, no orange starsplodge unifying symbol, no greensplodge bolt symbol, looks more like the bolt ones though, has "logi" on the outward end.

Looking things up, one page will say MK320 have unifying receivers, one page says they don't and ppl who have put the unmarked ones into machines say they are identified as "unifying receiver" to software...

So yeah, what the heck is going on here? I am not 100% sure that the receiver I've got is the one that belongs in the box anyway, it's been opened/closed/used/hanging around, not NIB open. Is logitech really stupid enough to mess with the one thing that won them friends, that you can use one receiver for multiple products?

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 1 of 2, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There are multiple generations of these things at this point
I have owned many a logitec unifying reciever that wouldn’t work as expected.

I had one that could drive my mouse or my keyboard but not both, needed a separate dongle for each.

Reply 2 of 2, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
BitWrangler wrote on 2024-04-21, 21:46:
Hi folks, […]
Show full quote

Hi folks,

I just grabbed a Mk320 desktop set yesterday for peanuts, less than a large coffee, I could see it had the mouse missing, but it had "a" USB receiver in there and the keyboard. I thought at the time it was worth it for another unifying receiver, because I have more other Logitech stuff that could use one vs receivers available.

However, I actually look close at the thing when I get it home, no orange starsplodge unifying symbol, no greensplodge bolt symbol, looks more like the bolt ones though, has "logi" on the outward end.

Looking things up, one page will say MK320 have unifying receivers, one page says they don't and ppl who have put the unmarked ones into machines say they are identified as "unifying receiver" to software...

So yeah, what the heck is going on here? I am not 100% sure that the receiver I've got is the one that belongs in the box anyway, it's been opened/closed/used/hanging around, not NIB open. Is logitech really stupid enough to mess with the one thing that won them friends, that you can use one receiver for multiple products?

Logitech/Logi seems to reuse model numbers. The old model likely was Unifying capable, whereas the newer iteration is not. I did get burned by this before and even reached out to Logitech support about it . While they have good support, they could not really help me in this case and I just exchanged the keyboard/mouse combo for another one of a different model that did have a Unifying logo on the box. I no longer make assumptions about a given model number.

EDIT: Added some photos I took at the time. The second one is newer and was bought at a retail location of a chain of stores

IMG_20220107_170022~2.jpg
Filename
IMG_20220107_170022~2.jpg
File size
737.15 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
IMG_20220107_164615~2.jpg
Filename
IMG_20220107_164615~2.jpg
File size