VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Skalabala

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello everyone! 😀

I have been trying for a week now to get my SLi going.
Motherboard is P5A-B with K6 3+ 550 and Windows 98SE DirectX 6.1a 7.0 8.0
SLi works with the latest OEM driver and Fastvoodoo 3.5, if I use FV 4.0 or 4.6 then it hangs 1 second into game/3dmark
I have not tried any BIOS settings, I did clock the cards back to 90MHz
Really want to make FV drivers work, in quake 2 800x600 a single card gets 35FPS with OEM driver and 56FPS SLi
FV 3.5 I get 74.5FPs with SLi and with FV 4.6 single card I get 60FPS
Driver FV 3.5 I get 4000 in 3DMARK99
I am using a rinky dinky socket 7 imbedded power supply
Both cards seem to work fine single. Its Dragon 3000 cards with matching mem but not matching DAC.
Using OEM SLi cable
Think I must try to overclock both cards to the max in single to see where they go.

Reply 2 of 4, by progman.exe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Skalabala wrote on 2024-04-23, 12:25:

Both cards seem to work fine single.

Odd problems on a PC? Replace the power supply. I have torn too many machines apart trying to pin down an instability, I have seen it done way too many times, and it was the PSU.

You say your PSU is not good, and that one card works at a time: there simply might not be enough juice to run the two.

Reply 3 of 4, by MarmotaArmy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
progman.exe wrote on 2024-04-23, 16:59:
Skalabala wrote on 2024-04-23, 12:25:

Both cards seem to work fine single.

Odd problems on a PC? Replace the power supply. I have torn too many machines apart trying to pin down an instability, I have seen it done way too many times, and it was the PSU.

You say your PSU is not good, and that one card works at a time: there simply might not be enough juice to run the two.

I have seen this many times too. always try the psu route when troubleshooting odd errors.

Reply 4 of 4, by Skalabala

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Got a corsair 650W PSU and noting changed.
I overclocked each card individually to 100MHz, both had artifacts. The one card now does not work no more it hangs in any game 5 seconds in.
Could it be that that card was faulty? TMU dead now? 🙁