VOGONS

Common searches

King's Quest IX

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by mcomp72

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey all,

Don't know how many of you were aware that a fan-made sequel to the King's Quest series had been in the works for almost four years. It was going to be made available for free on the web this December. Unfortunately, it was recently shut down by Vivendi Universal Games.

A group of fans, including myself, have organized in an effort to save the game. We've recently launched a website.

http://www.savekqix.org

Our goal is to get as many people to email Vivendi as possible. We want people to voice their disappointment that the game has been shut down. We've made it very easy to do this via our website. There's an email link, and if you click on it, a new email will open up with the message all ready to go. You just have to click send. It literally only takes a few seconds.

I hope everyone who was a King's Quest fan, or just an adventure game fan in general, will visit our site and send an email to Vivendi. We need the support of as many gamers as possible.

We're also on MySpace. If you're on over there, feel free to add us to your friends list.
http://www.myspace.com/savekqix

Oh... in case anyone is curious, the official website of the game is:
http://www.kqix.com

Reply 4 of 7, by mcomp72

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Vivendi might have its right to stop copyright infringement. Are you sure what you are doing is legit?

What WE are doing? All we are doing is trying to save the game. How could we be breaking any laws?

If you are referring to the game, then yes, technically they were violating copyright. That's why they were shut down. We're just asking Vivendi to let the game continue anyway, since no one was going to make money off of it.

Vivendi has said they have no interest in making adventure games any longer. They haven't in years. That being the case, we're asking them to just let this fan game continue.

Reply 5 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I highly doubt it'll do anything. Online petitions almost never do any good. If the project removed all references to KQ then that would be fine but I really don't see anything coming of this.

heh. I imagine that whatever email address is being spammed too they probably just move it to their Spam folder automagically. It's much more effective to send snail mail's than email's if you really want to show a company how much you want something.

Why anyone would knowingly release a game based on IP is beyond me......

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 6 of 7, by mcomp72

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey everyone,

If you want to help us spread the word about us, there's something very simple you can do.

Go here:

link removed

Click "digg it" on the left, under the number of diggs.

The more people who "digg it", the better the chances are that it'll make the front page of digg.com. The more people who see it, the more people will find out about us.

Thanks!