ahhh, I love early adopters coughbetatesterscough. 😀

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 6, by vasyl

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Typical for the first round. There were a lot of units sold today, shortages or not, so you can expect big wave of complains and problems, real or otherwise. Some people will discover that wireless is not going to work for them thanks to some other device, some will finally find that their power outlets are not at 110V but in the low 90s, etc. I've also noticed that the packaging is unusually tight, it may not provide enough cushioning for "drop ship special." Things like that happen every time "the next big thing" comes.
I did not have any problems with my unit except for a little glitch that prevented Windows Media Connect from working properly after install. The glitch appeared to be in my network after all. Transferring Live settings from Xbox to 360 is somewhat annoying but once it's done everything works really well.

EDIT. Strange, no Slashdot article about 360 problems... That's unusually long for them.

Reply 2 of 6, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Slashdot now has a post on this. My take on this is that of course there will be some bad units. Right now I think that this is getting blown out of proportion. Only the users with bad units are complaining so that is what you hear about. Those that are not having issues are too busy enjoying their 360 to post about it.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 5 of 6, by [vEX]

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vasyl wrote:

Just try it: get a new toy (XBox 360 with a couple games qualifies), put it in your room, and don't touch it for one month 😉

Not a problem at all, assuming I don't have to pay for it.

Antec P182B | Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Intel i5 3570k | 16GB DDR3 | 4TB HDD | Pioneer BDR-207D | Asus Xonar DX | Altec Lansing CS21 | Eizo EV2736W-BK | Arch Linux (64-bit/x86_64)