VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Alkarion

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just started Lemmings in order to listen to the Adlib music and noticed that every level has the same music. I know the Amiga version had some nice music - including Mozart's Alla Turca.

Is it really true that the PC version has only one track of music? I played until Level 12 and gave up when I was bored to death by the same music over and over again.

Reply 2 of 7, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The PC version of Lemmings has 17 different soundtracks, and four special level soundtracks, which sound quite differently from the others . I think they used sample playback on AdLib in those special soundtracks 😁

[edit] btw, my Lemmings disk came included with my first soundcard - a SoundBlaster 2.0 😉

Reply 3 of 7, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I got a copy of Lemmings (light grey 3.5" disk I think) with my SB 2.0, which was my first sound card also 😀 Unfortunately my computer at the time was a 286 that only had 5.25" floppy drives.

I don't remember any music in the first Lemmings game, but it was a long time ago.

Reply 4 of 7, by Alkarion

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hmm, have to look further into this. The version I'm currently using has the same music at least up to level 12. My original is at my parent's place so I'm not definitely sure that my current version is behaving as it should.

Reply 5 of 7, by Alkarion

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well the answer is simple: The music starts always from the first tune if you start to play - its not tied to certain levels. So if you play several levels consecutively the music actually changes. But if you simply type in codes for the respective levels you always start from the first tune.

Reply 6 of 7, by leerok

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello there.

Lemmings has 21 different songs as far as I know. You can listen for yourself.

http://rapidshare.com/files/10891820/Lemmings.zip

It's all in FLAC, playable by XMMS and Winamp with plugins and by MPlayer. It was recorded via DOSBox, so there are some inaccuracies in at least one of the songs, but it's still good.

I have a blog.
http://leerokthelacerta.blogspot.com
Any problems? Try Firefox.

Reply 7 of 7, by Domarius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thread might be old but looks like a good resource for Lemmings music - thanks for uploading that file leerok!

It's also worth mentioning that as well as the standard songs it plays if you play levels consecutively, it has special music for special levels, which will play even if you code-jump there. I think there is one special level per difficulty setting. Eg. "Beast Of A Level" is a level that has a "Shadow of the Beast" graphical theme, and the title screen music of Shadow Of The Beast playing. Off the top of my head, the other special levels are the hell level (can't remember the name, the one with the blood dripping), and the one called "Awesome" or something, with the strange brown faces and the blue stars.