VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 25, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oblivion thread here? Alrighty, well so far this game has held my attention since the 19th (got it early) and hasn't let go. 🤣 Without wavering I can say this is up there as one of my favs if it continues its quality.

I just finished the Dark Brotherhood and Thieve's Guild quest-lines. Damn this game is really in depth.

Here are some shots for you-

obliv5.jpg

obliv6.jpg

oblivvamp.jpg

oblivar2.jpg

oblivbug.jpg

oblivdark2.jpg

Reply 21 of 25, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What do you guys think of the monster leveling issues?

For me I've haven't had any issues.

I beat the first oblivion gate at Level 3 and it was pitifully easy
I beat a second oblivion gate at Level 4 and it was pitifully easy.

I just beat another oblivion gate at Level 10 and it was a few notches above the other 2 oblivion gates but nothing to be concerned about.

I'm currently a Level 11 Wood Elf/Thief.
I've been performing various sidequests.
I haven't been using my Sigil stones or enchanting any of my weapons/armor.
I have constantly upgraded my weapons/armor, whenever I see something good in the shops but mostly I've received the best armor from the Arena/Dark Brotherhood and have sticked with that....

So what's the deal? Am I some Uberl33t gameplayer or have I just not leveled up enough yet?

P.S. I've put about 40hrs into the game (around 12hrs every weekend).

I'm guesstimating another 40hrs before I have to start scrounging for things to do...... 😮

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 22 of 25, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've found the scaling system to be great, I'm level 32 and I still find enemies that can be tough. Thats the mark of a truly amazing game. I've put in 93 hours without touching the main quest, just doing the guilds and many side quests this beast has to offer.

Here are some more shots for those that haven't decided to buy it yet:

oblivex1.jpg
oblivex2.jpg
oblivex4.jpg
oblivhvy.jpg
oblivglass.jpg
oblivplag.jpg

Reply 23 of 25, by Xian97

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I just beat Oblivion after 3 months of playing. I decided to go ahead and finish the main quest after I was about 65 hours into it, afraid it would be one that I had invested so much time in and never get around to completing. I had a similar amount of hours in Morrowind and never finished it.

One thing that is nice is that you can continue playing after the main quest is completed. The only difference is that the Oblivion gates are gone so you can't go there anymore. I don't see that as a problem for me, maybe for some potions in Alchemy that need ingredients from there it may be an issue. I am going to work on finishing the guild quests now and might try a different character/race and specialization the next time.

One hint that I will give that will make thiings much easier is to find the Daedric Shrine of Nocturnal and do it's quest. The Daedric artifact that you get from completing it is a Skeleton Key, an unbreakable lockpick that also gives a boost to your security skill. At first the lockpicking minigame was fun, the 100th time it was geting stale so the Skeleton Key was a welcome addition.

I started playing Titan Quest yeserday after finishing Oblivion. It seems pretty good so far for an action RPG, not as good as Diablo but better than most of it's clones. I would recommend waiting for the first patch though. It has been crashing frequently on my pc at random times. I installed it on my son's pc and it crashes there too. They said a patch would be out July 5th.

Reply 24 of 25, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just beat it today as well. Have only been playing it every weekend and have ended with a total play time of 95 hours.

Finished the mages guild today and I have mabye 8-9 sidequests to do but all of the guild's and the main storyline is done and most of the sidequests as well.

Probably going to start in on Gothic 2 pretty soon and then mabye I'll get back into some FPS action with Prey later this month.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 25 of 25, by [vEX]

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm ~40 hours in the game and I've hardly played anything on the main quest and not a single guild quest, beat the arena though. I just started exploring after finding the heir and got a bunch of quests in different towns, and once one is done found another one. I have about 7-8 open quests and I don't really see me continuing on the main quest for a while.

DosFreak, the first Oblivion gate wasn't so easy as level one, specially since I am an archer and didn't even have sword! Lots of sneaking and sniping from good positions, thankfully I got some magic from the start that let me throws fireballs at the monsters or I'd run out of arrows very quickly.

The arena was both easy and challangeing, facing an archer or a mage isn't a problem at all if you have a sword. Facing a someone with a sword or a blunt weapon is more challangeing though since they move so much faster! I did the arena at levels 6-10, the last fight with three people against me (the one before the grey prince) was damn though. The pig took care of the mage though 😁. The grey prince was easy, he begged me to finish him off since I've done his quest beforehand.

I play a little know and then so this game might last all the summer for me. I just don't like how you can't do own mods for the XBOX 360 version.. oh well.

Antec P182B | Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Intel i5 3570k | 16GB DDR3 | 4TB HDD | Pioneer BDR-207D | Asus Xonar DX | Altec Lansing CS21 | Eizo EV2736W-BK | Arch Linux (64-bit/x86_64)