VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://www.linuxgenuineadvantage.org/

Linux Genuine Advantage™ is an exciting and mandatory new way for you to place your computer under the remote control of an untr […]
Show full quote

Linux Genuine Advantage™ is an exciting and mandatory new way for you to place your computer under the remote control of an untrusted third party!

According to an independent study conducted by some scientists, many users of Linux are running non-Genuine versions of their operating system. This puts them at the disadvantage of having their computers work normally, without periodically phoning home unannounced to see if it's OK for their computer to continue functioning. These users are also missing out on the Advantage of paying ongoing licensing fees to ensure their computer keeps operating properly.

To remedy this, we have created a new program available as a required free download: Linux Genuine Advantage™! Statue of mariner with albatross hanging around his neck

Albatross squawking violently at another albatross Linux Genuine Advantage™ works by checking our licensing server periodically to make sure that the copy of Linux you are running is Genuine. This is determined by whether you have paid us the appropriate licensing fees. If you are out of compliance, and are past the grace period, logins to your machine will be disabled until the license fees are paid. How to log in to enter the license key when logins are disabled is left as an exercise for the reader.

Finally! Linux users can experience a feature that until now remained the exclusive domain of proprietary software.

Once you've installed Linux Genuine Advantage™, you'll want to register and send in your licensing fees to receive these important benefits:

* Your computer, which worked just fine before, will continue functioning normally!
* Our software which you just installed will not disable logins on your computer (as long as our license server keeps working properly)!
* It's totally awesome!
* We might not raise the yearly licensing fees in the future!

Plus, if you act now, we promise not to launch unfounded lawsuits against you, slander you or our competitors in the press and the courts (possibly by using other smaller companies as pawns), or require you to pay us for software you won't use on every new computer you buy!

get the Linux Genuine Advantage! (with picture of soaring albatross)
Did you wake up this morning and say "I wish someone would figure out a way to let me do less with my computer"? You've come to the right place!

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 5, by [vEX]

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

w00t!
/me signs up right away 😁

Antec P182B | Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Intel i5 3570k | 16GB DDR3 | 4TB HDD | Pioneer BDR-207D | Asus Xonar DX | Altec Lansing CS21 | Eizo EV2736W-BK | Arch Linux (64-bit/x86_64)

Reply 3 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

it works great!
I finally have the same limitations as all the other people out there!

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 5, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Pfaah... I have both running side by side. LGA works better than WGA. Score another point for the open source community.

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 5 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ironically, I'm sure there's many a Linux user who has happily run yum update or apt-get upgrade only to find themselves with far less pleasant problems than being unable to login.