VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I am saying it because their latest nFORCE drivers are dated November 2006. Also, a friend of mine has a mainboard with integrated nFORCE4 graphics adapter and the available drivers are only for Vista. That sucks big time.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 1 of 3, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

not likely, they most likely are currently focusing on vista at the moment because so many f***ers threatend them etc. about the drivers they had for vista... if no one argued and waited patiently for new vista drivers hen im sure we'd right now have newer XP drivers.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 2 of 3, by UnderMine

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Generally when a new operating system is launched it takes time for hardware manufacturers to catch up. They will oftern launch with a good enough driver whilst the developers re-learn everything in order to get the most out of the hardware on that OS.

The trouble with Vista is it has moved the goal posts so many times the manufacturers are sometimes not even sure what game they are playing. Why write drivers for an interface that is not set in stone and you have to rewrite next week? How do you work with DRM?

A lot of corporate users consider Vista a distraction and are still rolling out XP. If nVidia wish to ignore corporate and governments that is there choice but not many other people buy PC in units of 10k plus 😉

No. I seriously doubt that nVidia would drop XP support but it might get massively distracted trying to 'FIX' problems caused by underlying Vista issues.

Just my thoughts