VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dh4rm4

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/14/micro … fortune_redhat/

To say that Steve Ballmer is a knob defines all the others that ever existed as 'really nice people'. He is the mother of all knobs. The motherknob if you will.

Reply 1 of 3, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The software maker, as you've no doubt heard, placed a terse article with the publication. In the piece, both Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and top lawyer Brad Smith go after the free/open source crowd, saying 235 Redmond patents have been violated - 42 of them in the Linux kernel, 65 in the GUI (graphical user interface), 45 in OpenOffice, 15 in e-mail and another 68 scattered across various other packages.

Patents, schmatents. I've never been thinking highly of patents since Amazon patented "one-click shopping".

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 2 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

I've never been thinking highly of patents since Amazon patented "one-click shopping".

Shouldn't that be "I've never been thinking highly of the US Patent Office ..."?

Patents are fine, but sometimes the procedures for awarding a patent can be faulty.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 3, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MiniMax wrote:

Shouldn't that be "I've never been thinking highly of the US Patent Office ..."?

Ah, you're correct. I should have phrased it better.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.