VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Mr. Gardiner is up to something interesting...
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/viewdiscus … 8&messageid=953

While I'm at it, may as well mention Mr. Gardiner is in the process of emulating the Glide version of "Extreme Assault". I have to admit, he's really sticking with it. Kinda figured he would bail after got "Tomb Raider" all perfected due to burnout.

Hrmm...future candidates?

Reply 1 of 3, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hm. Our previous Glide-related threads:
showthread.php?s=&threadid=5
showthread.php?s=&threadid=39
showthread.php?s=&threadid=102

Well, we can always continue fixing and updating my list. Submit replies there if you have changes that need to be made - or as I said, moderators and higher can feel free to edit the post.
showthread.php?s=&threadid=39

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 2 of 3, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well the main point here was that he's looking beyond Glide.
That's in the linked message.

The "Exterme Assault" reference was the tangent item. It's already in your list and it's not actually "official" yet.

Reply 3 of 3, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It would be extremely interesting to see VDMSound and the future GliDOS merging as a complete all-in-one DOS game player. With VDMSound doing the audio, and GliDOS doing the video...it's very exciting.

One thing that would be good to see in it would be a timer fixer -- you know, fixing speed problems.

Another would be along the line of the compatibility database: a database inside the program that correctly and optimally configured known games (MD5 checksums to ensure correct versions, the ability for users to report new versions and settings, etc).

I'll think of other things later, but there are lots of other posts to work on 😉

Yes, it’s my fault.