Reply 40 of 47, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote:

Good article at TwitchGuru that goes over the situation:
http://www.twitchguru.com/2007/08/27/bioshock_drm/index.html

that was incredibly interesting, thanks for the read.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 43 of 47, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I tried cancelling my Amazon pre-order when I discovered about this crappy protection - the limited activation is a joke. Sure, they say each time you uninstall it will give your count back, but in practice, it's already proven to not work. People who installed it on two PCs and then uninstalled it found they couldn't install it a 3rd time anyway. And 5 times is still only 5 times. I already lost two counts trying to get it to run - because Bioshock is so rediculously sensitive to a hundred different things, it makes it so easy to get activation problems just by trying to get it running in the first place.

Reply 44 of 47, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
v0g0ns wrote:

so, is it now possible for me to play with my bioshock CD without having to install securom on my computer with that crack?

most likely can't answer that as that would most likely break the rules of this forum.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 45 of 47, by v0g0ns

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Damn, ok. So I guess I now have a CD that I cant install, or wont install because of this crappy securom copy protection. Now, I think I'm gonna buy games with no copy protection at all, like galcivII.

Rise of the Triad forum

Reply 46 of 47, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well I found a crack today that was released yesterday that removes the CD check and the online activation

No I will not post where to find it.

I just tested it on an already installed and activated BioShock and the NOCD part worked well. Now I'll need to install it on a fresh install of Windows to verify that the activation has been bypassed.

I also made a backup of the files with instructions and put it with my BioShock CD in the CD case and put the files on an .ISO image along with my BioShock image on my 2 external USB drives. (1 USB drive is a backup of the other).

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 47 of 47, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well I installed it fresh on another computer and the activation screen never came up. Nice. Now I can finally test BioShock on 2000/XP/2003/Vista/etc without having to bother with activation.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline