Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 801 of 1943, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Photos as promised of some of the past mentioned games I got. Plus a few more I picked up this week. ..

games big box.jpg
Filename
games big box.jpg
File size
130 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
games cds.jpg
Filename
games cds.jpg
File size
106.46 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 802 of 1943, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Grabbbed these from a friend yesterday for 20 bucks all together.

s2020001_by_mad_king_corduroy-d9ckz2t.jpg

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 803 of 1943, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Here's what I've managed to haul in over the last month and a half. 😊

aO3WPDc.jpg

Mostly big-box PC games, and mostly from eBay, but there were a couple of good local buys which are a rare pleasure! I'm really gonna need more shelving now.

Complete list:
- Wing Commander
- MS Train Simulator
- Gothic, Gothic II and Gothic III Collector's Edition
- F1 2000
- Star Wars Battlefront I and II
- Star Wars Empire at War + Expansion
- Star Was Galactic Battlegrounds
- Duke Nukem 3D + Plutonium Pak
- Dungeon Keeper (with Horny figurine!)
- Civilization V Special Edition
- Blizzard Anthology and Best Sellers Compliations
- Starcraft and Warcraft III Battle Chests
- The Settlers II Next Generation Gold Edition
- The Settlers Rise of an Empire Silver Edition
- Thief Deadly Shadows
- Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
- Fallout New Vegas
- TES Oblivion
- And what German eBay haul wouldn't be complete without some simulator games 🤣 (ProTrain Perfect + addons, Farm Simulator 2013, Bus Simulator)

I've been looking for a copy of Duke for ages now, nothing doing here in Germany (probably because games like these were indexed back in the day, less copies around?). Was watching this BIN for Duke3D and the Plutonium Pak in Finland though, and I got an email saying it's been reduced in price! And free worldwide shipping! I grabbed it within a minute of seeing the email! They're in fantastic condition too. 😁

qfy0dft.jpg

Dungeon Keeper was a local pickup from eBay Kleinanzeigen. The figurine stands 20cm tall and I'd never seen one before - the seller let me know that it was a German collector's pack with the game and the figurine (they had the same figurine with DK2 as well from what I've gathered).

z1MEnFE.jpg

Finally, I expanded my Blizzard, Settlers and Star Wars collections too. As always, I'm always on the lookout for more Blizzard stuff! The Starcraft Battle Chest was my first foray into the eBay Global Shipping Program and it went swimmingly - pretty impressed actually. The Blizzard Anthology was, I believe, a German exclusive. I must have 8 or 9 copies of Starcraft+BW by now!

yNbCn6Y.jpg

a8uibNT.jpg

Reply 805 of 1943, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bought these last week off ebay. I FINALLY have a copy of Seven Kingdoms! Played that back in the 90's as a demo and it always intrigued me so now I can finally try it again. 😁

s2060002_by_mad_king_corduroy-d9da8qt.jpg

Reply 806 of 1943, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
badmojo wrote:
JidaiGeki wrote:

Cool collection, seeing Stunts and GP2 together makes me nostalgic about some of my old faves!
Also wish I could get organised too - have games hidden around the house - mainly from the wife, but now my 1 y.o. is starting to open things so everything gets stashed on higher ground. Is this in a man cave? 😁

Oh boy, I remember that toddler stage. Grab, slobber, repeat 🤣 My kids are older so I can use the lower shelves again.

It's a home office which I share with my wife, but my stuffs are dominating I must admit 😈

Wow, so similar here, we share the same office but my junk and boxes occupies 99% of the room, and yes everything is well high due to toddlers.

I spotted this small stash, I don't know any of them except Commandos, do you think they worth collecting ?

Nuclear Strike
Ecstatica 2
Commandos
A-Train (windows version apparently)
Driver (gt interactive)

Trailing edge computing.

Reply 808 of 1943, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dexter311 wrote:

Here's what I've managed to haul in over the last month and a half. 😊

Impressive haul. Very nice! Some of those games are quickly becoming more and more rare to find for a decent price.

Reply 809 of 1943, by GoblinUpTheRoad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Picked up these games this week, all still factory sealed.

Rack 'em is a particular favourite of mine I used to play back in the 90s. A sealed Apogee game is not to bad either. 😊

sealed.jpg
Filename
sealed.jpg
File size
138.66 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 810 of 1943, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
GoblinUpTheRoad wrote:

Picked up these games this week, all still factory sealed.

Rack 'em is a particular favourite of mine I used to play back in the 90s. A sealed Apogee game is not to bad either. 😊

Very nice! All of those games are on my want list 🤣.

Reply 811 of 1943, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
retrofanatic wrote:

Impressive haul. Very nice! Some of those games are quickly becoming more and more rare to find for a decent price.

Yeah absolutely. I don't have many options other than eBay anymore, as my searches for local stuff hasn't turned up many results. I'm really happy with where my collection is at right now, but there's always more on the wishlist! 🤣 Unfortunately my wishlist is getting into the business end in terms of prices, so finding good deals is getting more difficult and I'm doing more shipping from other countries.

Reply 812 of 1943, by mrferg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just picked up a boxed copy of Mechwarrior 2 for a buck.

PacBell 386sx
Gateway 2k P75
HP Pav 7360 MMX200
SE440BX-2, P2 450
3 Modernish Dell Precisions

Reply 813 of 1943, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dexter311 wrote:
retrofanatic wrote:

Yeah absolutely. I don't have many options other than eBay anymore, as my searches for local stuff hasn't turned up many results. I'm really happy with where my collection is at right now, but there's always more on the wishlist! 🤣 Unfortunately my wishlist is getting into the business end in terms of prices, so finding good deals is getting more difficult and I'm doing more shipping from other countries.

I know what you mean. Gone are the days when I could find boxed games locally at thrift stores and through classified ads and even on eBay with reasonable shipping charges. Shipping costs on eBay are just too much to justify buying any big boxed games for me these days. I have been lucky to find maybe a boxed game every two months or so whereas I used to find 10 or 20. I think I just caught the tail end of it where I am, as I have been lucky enough to compile a collection of about 400+ big box games, but it was not as easy as it would have been 10 years ago 🤣

Reply 814 of 1943, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You know the old saying... when it rains it pours! An interesting eBay Kleinanzeigen watch list revealed a lady selling a bunch of LucasArts adventure titles! I jumped on it as fast as my fingers could type... 😈

Fast forward to today and I've picked them up. Got 7 games from her in total, all 100% complete, plus a couple of other pickups from earlier in the week:

- Day of the Tentacle
- Monkey Island 2 and 4
- The Dig
- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- Sam & Max Hit the Road
- Simon the Sorcerer II
- Star Wars: Force Commander
- Oh No! More Lemmings

npm8UZE.jpg

g3Hr5QB.jpg

As an aside... holy shit the box art on The Dig is sensational! 😲

Unfortunately they aren't all in perfect condition - Indy was the worst of them, but I managed to peel off all the tape without further damage and straighten it out with a quick DIY inner cardboard. Monkey Island 2 has a tear in the top, and Day of the Tentacle has a pushed in front but is otherwise nice for its age. The others, however, are all really clean, especially The Dig and Star Wars Force Commander, the latter of which, the seller told me, was an unplayed gift and stored in the cupboard for years!

I also scored a Sidewinder 3D Pro joystick from an eBay auction with local pickup only for 1EUR:

tMcSjaq.jpg

Reply 816 of 1943, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just the one addition this time, but it's a doozy... Got the Space Quest Saga compilation with Space Quest I-IV on floppy! Soooo many floppies!

gijAiP7.jpg

PRUKHXb.jpg

Reply 817 of 1943, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just got these the other day, here are the prices I paid for them.

Fallout 2 = 5$
SPQR = 2$
Mummy = 3$
Never Winter Nights = 3$

s2110004_by_mad_king_corduroy-d9eoifu.jpg

s2110005_by_mad_king_corduroy-d9eoifn.jpg

s2110006_by_mad_king_corduroy-d9eoifb.jpg

s2110007_by_mad_king_corduroy-d9eoif7.jpg

Oh and yes that's a typewriter in the background. 🤣 I picked that up for 25$ on the 22nd and I love it, such a cool little machine. 😁

s2080003_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d9e50sm.jpg

Reply 818 of 1943, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Fallout 2 for $5 is a fantastic pickup! Complete copies can go for much, much more than that. Mine has everything except the jewel case and CD unfortunately... still hunting for it!

And that typewriter is sweet! Does it type well for something that old? Or would it need restoration?

Reply 819 of 1943, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks! Mine isn't exactly complete either, I'm missing the manual but the game is in there and the box is in pretty good condition so it was totally worth it. 🤣

As for the typewriter:
It works perfectly actually! I fully intend to use it as much as possible every time I need to type something (College reports not included of course, professors would really come down on me if I handed in assignments typed on this thing. 🤣). That page you see next to it was fully typed on this machine and all I had to do was lube it up, wind a new ribbon onto the spools and knock most of the dust off. Oh and clean out the typeface with a dentists pick but really all that is easy work, I didn't have to fix anything it was fully functional off the shelf. 😁

It's a late 40's Royal KMM btw and as far as I'm concerned it really has no flaws in design to speak of, it really fits my needs like a glove. 🤣