Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 700 of 1943, by AidanExamineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sf78 wrote:

First pic was 35e shipped (local collector). The second was 10e from a flea market. 😎

That second batch is SWEET! Half-Life obviously, Tiberian Sun for sure, but ESPECIALLY SWAT 3! I love SWAT 3.

Reply 701 of 1943, by SpeedySPCFan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
AidanExamineer wrote:
sf78 wrote:

First pic was 35e shipped (local collector). The second was 10e from a flea market. 😎

That second batch is SWEET! Half-Life obviously, Tiberian Sun for sure, but ESPECIALLY SWAT 3! I love SWAT 3.

He got lucky, I'm still trying to get a well priced CiB copy of the original (not GOTY) Half-Life. 😜

Musician & music gear/game reviewer.

MIDI hardware: JD-990, SC-55, SC-880, SD-90, VL70-m, Motif ES, Trinity, TS-10, Proteus 2000, XK-6, E6400U

Reply 703 of 1943, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

s-l500_zpssjt3kbrk.jpg

For Mac. The big ones are Marathon and Warcraft: Orcs and Humans but A10 Attack and FA/18 are good, too. Pathways into Darkness not as good as Marathon, but can be entertaining. Was a little under $14 shipped.

Reply 704 of 1943, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Indiana Jones Fate Of Atlantis (CD version) and Terminal Velocity, a total of £15 overall.

Picture%2060_zpsvjqet6ry.jpg

the Indy box is a bit faded/discoloured, but not too bad given the age of the game (Ive seen newer games that look much worse). The only Lucasarts adventure games Im missing now are Maniac Mansion , Loom and DOTT (I have it in a compilation box, but still want the original box)

Terminal Velocity is also interesting, going to see if playing the S3D version of the game is any better than playing it in software on a P133 (its the last chance for the S3 to prove itself before it gets swapped out for a Matrox)

Reply 705 of 1943, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Darkman wrote:

Terminal Velocity is also interesting, going to see if playing the S3D version of the game is any better than playing it in software on a P133 (its the last chance for the S3 to prove itself before it gets swapped out for a Matrox)

Nice pick-ups! I attempted to play Terminal Velocity on my P166 (+ Matrox Millennium) recently and concluded that my PIII was the way to go for max detail. Fun game and memorable music.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 706 of 1943, by Darkman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
badmojo wrote:
Darkman wrote:

Nice pick-ups! I attempted to play Terminal Velocity on my P166 (+ Matrox Millennium) recently and concluded that my PIII was the way to go for max detail. Fun game and memorable music.

it is a pretty cool game, Im playing it with a Microsoft Sidewinder 3D Pro (which I bought for Mechwarrior2 , but has a very useful DOS compatibility mode), and the S3 version isnt too bad with a Virge DX (the one use I have for the card, Im not the greatest fan of its rather mediocre picture quality)

Reply 707 of 1943, by BSA Starfire

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bought a few classics off GOG today, Kyrandia 2- Hand of fate, Wing Commander III & megarace 1 &2. 😀

286 20MHz,1MB RAM,Trident 8900B 1MB, Conner CFA-170A.SB 1350B
386SX 33MHz,ULSI 387,4MB Ram,OAK OTI077 1MB. Seagate ST1144A, MS WSS audio
Amstrad PC 9486i, DX/2 66, 16 MB RAM, Cirrus SVGA,Win 95,SB 16
Cyrix MII 333,128MB,SiS 6326 H0 rev,ESS 1869,Win ME

Reply 708 of 1943, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bought these yesterday from a thrift store! Got them all for 99 cents each.

gamz_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8mosrj.jpg

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 709 of 1943, by AidanExamineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/animekenji/s-l500_zpssjt3kbrk.jpg […]
Show full quote

s-l500_zpssjt3kbrk.jpg

For Mac. The big ones are Marathon and Warcraft: Orcs and Humans but A10 Attack and FA/18 are good, too. Pathways into Darkness not as good as Marathon, but can be entertaining. Was a little under $14 shipped.

You ought to get yourself a Mac Action Sack, if you haven't already. Great and unique way to get your hands on some early Bungie games.

Reply 710 of 1943, by Duouk2000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Darkman wrote:
Indiana Jones Fate Of Atlantis (CD version) and Terminal Velocity, a total of £15 overall. […]
Show full quote

Indiana Jones Fate Of Atlantis (CD version) and Terminal Velocity, a total of £15 overall.

Picture%2060_zpsvjqet6ry.jpg

the Indy box is a bit faded/discoloured, but not too bad given the age of the game (Ive seen newer games that look much worse). The only Lucasarts adventure games Im missing now are Maniac Mansion , Loom and DOTT (I have it in a compilation box, but still want the original box)

Heh, I just watched HighTreason's review of Terminal Velocity. I've never heard of it before today but it looks like a lot of fun.

Reply 711 of 1943, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Scored all of these for 2$ each from my local goodwill! However I had a 5$ off coupon which means I got these all for a total of 13$!!

s1180014_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8n0yoz.jpg

Reply 712 of 1943, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
King_Corduroy wrote:
Scored all of these for 2$ each from my local goodwill! However I had a 5$ off coupon which means I got these all for a total of […]
Show full quote

Scored all of these for 2$ each from my local goodwill! However I had a 5$ off coupon which means I got these all for a total of 13$!!

s1180014_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8n0yoz.jpg

Nice score! You have an awesome goodwill 😀 WC, A10 and F117A are among my favourites.

I picked up a few games for $10 - Flight Simulator 95 & Australian scenery, Hellbender, need for speed SE, Indy 500, Riven, Team Apache, Raymond Gold and Street Fighter II Turbo

vo8o75.jpg

Mainly bought it for NFS:SE, but I vaguely recall playing Hellbender, and Indy 500. No manual for Indy, does the CD version rely on it for protection as well?

Reply 713 of 1943, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Indy 500 in the box and a copy of hell bender! Nice!

It's just like anything else, sometimes you get lucky. I go there probably twice a week to check the game section which is really the only reason I find this cool stuff. 🤣

Today this is all I found, got it for 99 cents.

s1190001_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8nbwjo.jpg

Reply 714 of 1943, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just found these today! 99 cents each except for B&W 2 which was 2$.

Gotta say of all these I'm most excited to own American Mcgee's Alice. Such a cool game, been wanting a copy for a while now. 😁

1_by_mad_king_corduroy-d8njk28.jpg

Reply 716 of 1943, by 2fort5r

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:

I have this but can't get Warcraft sound to work properly. Title music and spoken intros are OK but there's no CD music or in-game sound. Is this a bugged release or is something wrong with my setup?

Account retired. Now posting as Errius.

Reply 717 of 1943, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
2fort5r wrote:
sliderider wrote:

I have this but can't get Warcraft sound to work properly. Title music and spoken intros are OK but there's no CD music or in-game sound. Is this a bugged release or is something wrong with my setup?

I don't know, I haven't broken the seal on the jewel case but here's Blizzard's patch information for the game.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Warcraft:_Orcs_%26_Hum … tch_Information

Reply 719 of 1943, by 2fort5r

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I used to have that edition. Revision 31 IIRC. It has the built-in hint engine. I can't imagine how anyone managed to finish the game without it....

Account retired. Now posting as Errius.