VOGONS

Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 901 of 1946, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

All great pickups! How big is your SSI collection now? You must be up there.

Also, Terminal Velocity is a great game, I remember that from when I first got my S3 ViRGE.

Reply 903 of 1946, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Terminal Velocity was bundeled with the S3 Virge 3D....

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 904 of 1946, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Picked up Wizardry 8 at GOG on sale for $1.99! This was the last RPG I played to completion, back in 2002. I remember it being VERY long and VERY entertaining. 😀

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 905 of 1946, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Never played either Thief or the original Unreal, so looking forward to these.
They should fly along on my Athlon 1200.

Elite, well it's Elite. This version is filled MCGA with Adlib/Roland sound. Right on Commander!

La2WQAxl.jpg

This is an interesting one, some kind of early adventure creator. The case seems to be the same as a 7" vinyl.
Picked it up to go alongside my copy of the 3D Construction Kit.

eRyj2psl.jpg

Reply 906 of 1946, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got rare s3 version of Destruction Derby, thanks vetz for helping!

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 908 of 1946, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bjt wrote:
Another of my absolute all time favourite games. Upgraded from the EA Classics version to the original version. […]
Show full quote

Another of my absolute all time favourite games. Upgraded from the EA Classics version to the original version.

470Ahfil.jpg

Really nice! Great condition. I wish I could go back in time and *not* throw out so many of my old boxes and games. 🙁

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 909 of 1946, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bjt wrote:
Never played either Thief or the original Unreal, so looking forward to these. They should fly along on my Athlon 1200. […]
Show full quote

Never played either Thief or the original Unreal, so looking forward to these.
They should fly along on my Athlon 1200.

Elite, well it's Elite. This version is filled MCGA with Adlib/Roland sound. Right on Commander!

La2WQAxl.jpg

Niice, recently bought that version of Unreal as well! But passed up the chance to buy Thief, just out of my budget, but from memory it's pretty thrilling to play. Enjoy! 😁

Reply 912 of 1946, by sndwv

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just bought this Battle Chess set off eBay.

Anyone familiar with this specific version? It has the EGA & VGA versions of the game on 3.5" & CD-ROM, and a voucher for 5.25" disks. The sticker (red, while most I found had green) does list the included 3.5" disks and 5.25" offer, but no mention of the CD.

Curious if the CD originally belonged to this set, or if it is a later inclusion:

bc2.jpg
Filename
bc2.jpg
File size
165.2 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
bc1.jpg
Filename
bc1.jpg
File size
175.21 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 914 of 1946, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

yeah, I doubt it was originally from that package.

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 915 of 1946, by sndwv

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sf78 wrote:

You must have the CD from the Enhanced version in your original box.

That's what I figured at first as well, but the disc contains only the original VGA & EGA Battle Chess (and is dated 1990, pre-enhanced version). Strangely enough Future Wars is on there as well, could be a demo, but looks like the full version.

Possibly an OEM disc? Or maybe something only available directly via Interplay? Doesn't look like your typical shovelware disc anyway.

Reply 917 of 1946, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Added an AD&D Collector's Edition boxed set for C64 to the collection recently. No 956 of 3000.

9sfjp2.jpg

Contains the first two Forgotten Realms gold box games, Hillsfar, and three Dragonlance games. This one is very much complete. Haven't managed to find one with an undamaged/uncreased outer box yet, though.

qq4ho9.jpg

rubcyr.jpg

Joins the PC and Amiga versions in my collection 😁 the Amiga one is quite different (5 games v 6 games, certificate mentions the Amiga, and it's numbered /5000)

2chmhi0.jpg