VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

About a year and a half ago I started finally using RSS feeds using Google Reader. I love the portability aspect of it....I can go to the site anywhere and all of my feeds are there, but I have so many feeds (213) and they are not getting any lower.

Currently I scroll through this huge list in Google Reader every morning and then open a new tab for each link. Obviously this results in tons of tabs. If I still used IE I would not be doing this.....I use Firefox so I can have hundreds of tabs. Unfortunately, this has allowed me to have hundreds of tab! Arrrghhh. Occasionally Session Saver in Firefox will go nuts and lose my session, or I'll lose internet connectivity while scrolling through Google Reader and lose where I left off reading (so I have to remember where I originally was and scroll back though the list)....

Anyways I was wondering if anyone had any good alternatives. Obviously the best online reader is Google Reader so I guess I'm looking for an Offline RSS reader. Do any of them download all of the contect that is linked in the feed? Do I ever have to go into the browser to look at the content or is it all in the program?

What do you guys prefer?

If I don't find something I may just go insane. I'd like to say I'd stop altogether (Currently at 213 feeds and growing....) but I get so much information from RSS that it would definetly be a great loss if I didn't have it.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

I am not doing anything remotely like that.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you want I can export my .opl from Google Reader and you can import it into Google Reader so you could try it out. Not much to it and if you don't like the feeds you can easily unsubscribe.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I am looking for an off-line capabale rss feeds reader. Any other alternatives?. Is Google reader free?

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)