VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 20, by Thunder

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
taiken7 wrote:

Ah, so that might be a hint; there are only instrument names the rest (bars/lines etc) do not appear (it expands to a largish black mostly
unused window).
[Tested on XP-SP2, .NET 1, 1.1 and 2]

Hmm ok I think i've managed to replicate the issue. I'm testing on windows 2000 inside a virtual machine. If the destkop resolution is not enough to accomodate the entire console window it seems to screw up in the way you describe.

What resolution are you running at? are you able to increase it? does the window resize like in the screenshot?

Edit:
I see what's happening. Because the desktop is not wide enough to accomodate the window the resisze fails. When the resize fails there isn't enough room to accomodate the smaller internal curses windows and some of those fail to allocate. I don't handle this cleanly and later on during shutdown I try to do some stuff with a null pointer which causes a "Fast Shutdown" shall we say 😀

Since I run a 1920x1200 desktop resolution I never noticed this.

Edit:
1280x1024 is about the lowest res that is wide enough to run it.
I intend to replace the curses interface one day with something a little more advanced. I wrote it as a quick hack so I could concentrate on the more important parts of the program.