VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just happened to read this, and so I decided to share it with you, VOGONS fellas. What are your thoughts about all this?

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John

Reply 1 of 9, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

as linux user i'm used to it. nice to see it happends to others as well for a change 😀

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 9, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Creative has been crippling it's drivers for close to a decade. Different OS. Same story.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 9, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What is the best sound card today considering Vista in your opinion? I put this on discussion 'cause I have a SB X-fi Platinum, and am really disappointed with it. I'm considering selling it and maybe try something new, as I'm tired of Creative and their disrespect with costumers.

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John

Reply 4 of 9, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm never surprised by this behavior anymore. Creative has too many PHBs that tell the developers to cripple older cards so the newer cards will sell better.

All they really end up doing is ticking off loyal customers, and cause them to switch to some other brand.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 5 of 9, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Creative sucks. Period. It has always sucked and it will always suck.

Right now, I feel pretty comfortable with my integrated Realtek HD Audio codec.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 6 of 9, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

I agree the company and it's practices suck. But it can make decent hardware from time to time. I still use my SB Live! card and I love it. It's been the most stable card under Linux that I've tested.

Reply 7 of 9, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
laxdragon wrote:
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

I agree the company and it's practices suck. But it can make decent hardware from time to time. I still use my SB Live! card and I love it. It's been the most stable card under Linux that I've tested.

i never got it to work with my 5.1 setup though, alsa emu10k1 driver only allows 2 speakers.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 8 of 9, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:

i never got it to work with my 5.1 setup though, alsa emu10k1 driver only allows 2 speakers.

My Alsa Mixer shows volume sliders for L/R Surround, Center, and LFE. To me it looks like it can support it. I've never tested 5.1 under Linux myself. But, now I'm curious to see if Totem in Ubuntu can output it with the DVD plugin. I'll have to check it out some time.