VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zonation

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all, I recently started playing Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller again after a glitch in the game many, many years ago (When it was originally released)prevented me from completing the game. I'm hoping that some of you out there remember this one and can assist me:

I'm at the part where I must travel to Hell and free the six prisoners but more specifically, I'm having trouble with the Hell Music Room- where you have to press the stones/notes on the floor in the specific order. I know the order is B-E-C-A-G and as far as I know, I am pressing the correct notes but nothing happens. I've already looked at the two available online walkthrus for this game and neither of them go into the detail I need.

I was wondering if someone could just tell me what stones to step on. So going from "left-to-right, top-to-bottom" and numbering the stones (i.e. the first stone from the left on the top row that is able to be pressed would be #1, the stone you can press next to that one on the top row would be #2, the first pressable stone from the left on the row below the top row would be #3.) So there should be a total of 7 stones that are able to be pressed. I would greatly appreciate any help. I really want to see this game through to the end after all these years.

-Thanks
Top Edit

Reply 1 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Moved to Milliways since does not look like a DOSBox-specific problem.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 10, by Zonation

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, man. But like I said, I've already done that and the online guides that are available don't go into the amount of detail that I'm looking for tog et past this part.

Reply 5 of 10, by Zonation

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, so here's the part I'm talking about. I know the note order is B-E-C-A-G. I'm almost positive I was pressing the right stones/notes. Could someone just tell me what stones to press and in what order? Thanks

Attachments

• Hell Music Room.jpg
    Filename
    Hell Music Room.jpg
    File size
    13.04 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 7 of 10, by Zonation

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, and I totally agree. Even playing the game in Full-screen mode the two blocks towards the back are a little hard to see. But that's not the problem. What I'm saying is, I know what the notes B-E-C-A-G look like transcribed (thank you for the link, by the way). I know what notes I'm supposed to push, it;s just when I push the blocks in the correct order nothing happens. And I'm 99% sure I have the correct notes. I'm really just looking for someone who has played the game before and remembers this part to just tell me, "You push the top right block first, then the middle one in the middle row, etc...". It;s just driving me crazy because I swear I'm pushing the correct blocks in the correct order, so I don;t know what else to do, so I was hoping someone could just tell me specifically what blocks and in what order to push them, you know what I mean?

Reply 10 of 10, by LUCYMONO

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I never could really figure out how to play this game... it seemed kinda random how you could just pick any weapons you wanted when you were in Hell... swords, machine guns, etc.

It was cool as hell having Dennis Hopper do VA work though... best voice-over ever.