Speaking of avatars, explain yours!

Topic actions

Reply 21 of 73, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Amigaz wrote:

Mine is from my favourite game back in the early 90's which I spent endless hours on in front of my Amiga until I completed all the types of game styles on

I think you know which game it is 😁

Hmm, that's Allan Quatermain right?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 22 of 73, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Amigaz wrote:

Mine is from my favourite game back in the early 90's which I spent endless hours on in front of my Amiga until I completed all the types of game styles on

I think you know which game it is 😁

Probably a bad imposter of Rick Dangerous 😉

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 24 of 73, by Xian97

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ah Lucymono, that brings back memories. I loved the old Atari ST games and still play a round of Starglider once a month or so with the STeem emulator.

Mine is of course an animated yin/yang sign. I first saw it on a photoshop contest on fark.com
http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=1789450
That was from several years ago so many have been deleted by now since fark doesn't host them on their site.

Reply 25 of 73, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Mine of course needs no introduction,the greatest Consulting Detective the world has ever known, taken from the second-best game he featured in (the only game that offered a suitable close-up.)

Reply 26 of 73, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Mine is simply my own close-up photo.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 27 of 73, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Great Hierophant wrote:

Mine of course needs no introduction,the greatest Consulting Detective the world has ever known, taken from the second-best game he featured in (the only game that offered a suitable close-up.)

he has quite the hairdo that seems to double as a hat, and he always keeps a potato stuffed in his mouth.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 30 of 73, by SysGOD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

well, my actual avatar is the killer-cyborg from M.A.R.K. 13 hardware. a good old b-movie from 1990.

Attachments

• mark13.jpg
    Filename
    mark13.jpg
    File size
    30.32 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    original japanese cover
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

sysprofile.png

Reply 32 of 73, by Og

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Mine reads: "no avatar available" in Hebrew. The former one was a Psilon spy from the MOO2 (hence the custom title which I haven't yet removed).

[edit]
By the way, I had a hard time making it, I took a screenshot of the browser window and used the MS Paint color sampler to grab the background color. For some strange reason, it didn't work - it looked the same but after uploading it here the color was different 😒 had to make the background transparent for it look the same color.

Reply 33 of 73, by artelius

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Og wrote:

By the way, I had a hard time making it, I took a screenshot of the browser window and used the MS Paint color sampler to grab the background color. For some strange reason, it didn't work - it looked the same but after uploading it here the color was different 😒 had to make the background transparent for it look the same color.

Perhaps the forum software processed the image (to change the format or reduce the size or such) and in doing so the colour was changed.

Reply 35 of 73, by Sune Salminen

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Mine is a photo of the right coin slot on the Atari Asteroids upright arcade game I used to own. I sold it to a collector from Sweden before moving to Brazil.

Reply 36 of 73, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My current one was introduced here, and my other one (below) was something I did in Paint on a whim on my first working computer and have subsequently redrawn (always in Paint) several times and resurrected to be my avatar.
Actually, I'm going to change it again shortly.

Attachments

• Willmini.jpg
    Filename
    Willmini.jpg
    File size
    3.35 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    this isn't my old avatar, for some reason I never save the small file, and the source file is very big
    File license

You cannot fall off the floor.
If you look hard enough, you'll find something you don't like.

How to ask questions the smart way
How to become a hacker
How to answer smart-alec questions

Reply 37 of 73, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Another new one, this is from a picture I saw on HBO. Someone said it would make a great avatar, so of course I made one.

Attachments

• zoda.jpg
    Filename
    zoda.jpg
    File size
    2.67 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    the previous one, if you missed it
    File license

How to become a hacker

Reply 39 of 73, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Davros wrote:

As is mine

Seriously though, is that from DS9, Voyager, Enterprise, or Babylon 5, or am I somehow still wrong?

Also gidierre, those look familiar, are they from the works of Hieronymus Bosch?

How to become a hacker