VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've finished the game yesterday, and i'm not quite sure what to think about the experience. Some gaming moments were very cool and all, but in the end, i'm quite disappointed by the game. The only perfect thing about the game was or is it's marketing, which lead to a breathtaking number of sales. But in terms of playability and story, i think i liked GTA:SA more. The soundtrack was better, too. Ah, maybe i'm just getting old.

Any other opinions?

Oh, and i'm also less than impressed with the technical implementation of the game. It looks very nice overall, and some of the effects are great (especially the explosions), but i found it quite glitchy overall, and noticed quite a lot of framedrops (Xbox 360). I had to 🤣 when i read somewhere that even people with large, expensive HDTV's had difficulites reading some of the ingame text (on the mobile, for example).

Last edited by ADDiCT on 2008-05-15, 21:46. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'll give you mine when (if) the PC ver comes out. 😁

I played alot of GTA2, a little of GTA 3, alot of Vice City and alot of San Andreas.

I actually preferred Vice City over San Andreas but that was mainly because of the 80's vibe.

The things I hated about the previous games were the stupid mini missions like controlling helicopters and having to redo the damn things over and over and over again.

Also the textures in the game have always been far less than they could have been for PC games (due to them focusing on consoles of course).

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 4, by v0g0ns

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i just started playing GTA III on the pc, and will wait for a pc version too of GTA IV before trying it out. I think GTA III was the last good of the GTA games, before VC and SA became too overly difficult with so many gameplay aspects to them.

Rise of the Triad forum

Reply 3 of 4, by irispolaris

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm playing GTA IV on XBOX360 and it's really amazing.
Graphic, BGM Sounds, and Game play are totally great !!
(I can't help holding my breath and watching the lovely night view of Liberty City when I board on hellicopter~!!)

In addition, the marketing and promotion of GTA IV are really awesome.
I'm collecting its related items(especially for limited items) through auction, but they're so difficult to get !!

However, there seems to be minor drawbacks on the game.
The passengers react a little bit monotonously. (Maybe....it is becasue I played the game too much and I'm already accustomed to many reactions of people. ^^) And in person, it would be better to limit the continuous mission challenge when it failed.

Anyway, for the time being, it seems that I can not play other games. ^^

(ps)
Which radio station can I listen metal or rock music when I drive a car?
(When I ride on a bike, I can listen that kind of music, but not in a car. -_-)

And..as a bonus, I attached a photo of my pre-ordered GTA IV Special Edition(XBOX360), which is also added on amazon.com

http://cafe.naver.com/gamepole/2909
(many open box shots on a online game community from South Korea)

Attachments

• Filename
    gta4_se.jpg
    File size
    588.47 KiB
    Downloads
    110 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4 of 4, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm very impressed with GTA4. The size and scope of the game is astounding. I know GTA:SA had more things you can do, but they were building on an existing codebase. GTA4 uses a completely new engine. I'm sure we will see more GTA games that build upon this new engine adding even more things that can be done in the game world.

I understand the complaints with the game. At the end of the day, the game is simply evolutionary rather than revolutionary. The game does need a little more variety in missions. At least they took out the time limit missions, I always hated those.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube