VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

....and I'm going to have to RMA it.

I really haven't had much of a chance to play around with it but I've been played Assassin's Creed all weekend (beat it tonight) and GPU temp's were averaging 98+ degrees and when there were alot of shader intensive graphics they would peg at 105+ degrees.....

It got to the point where the graphics card would actually shut down (computer was still on but graphics card shut down).

I put my 8800GT in and finished the game and GPU temp never went past 80 and I never even heard the fan (fan speed at 40). Whereas the GTX 280 was at 98+ with fan speed at 100%.

WTF. Hopefully when I RMA this card and IF I receive a working one then the fan speed won't be too loud. Assasin's Creed played fine at 1900X1200 on this 8800GT suprisingly.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 2, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Got my money back from Newegg the other day. I'm going to be on an excercise next week at the base so won't have time to play around with computer hardware. Hopefully by the week after next mabye I can find a GTX 280 that actually works when I buy it or the 4870x2 will be out.

I really don't want to buy an ATI card but seeing how even after all this time buying an high-end card still means you'll more than likely end up with a brick at least the 4870 looks like a decent card.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline