Common searches

First post, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Searching ebay, looking for vintage PC equipment. 33%
Tinkering around with vintage equipment. 33%
Doing boring stuff like eating, sleeping, blah. 33% (Please note, I can't be bothered to get a job. It all seems to go on tax anyway.)

And that leaves:
Actually playing vintage games on finished equipment. 1%! 😳 🤣

Reply 2 of 8, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah, bulding a retro pc has been too much addictive than playing the actual classic game itself.

There are newer and newer things to discover in old games.

For example 15 years ago, I was playing Quest For Glory II using SoundBlaster 32 sounds, now the game plays enhanced with an LAPC-I. And even DOOM II "feels" different when I pass the midi to the SC-55 MK-II now. It's like experiencing a whole new game again.
(I'm more of a sound afficionado.)

Thanks to eBay I've found so many vintage stuffs!

Reply 4 of 8, by dh4rm4

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Malik : I'm also an audiophile and imho the best music rendition of Doom II was from the native GUS support, it also does the multichannel sound effects in hardware so all the sounds are a lot bassier.

Reply 5 of 8, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
retro games 100 wrote:

You may enjoy the remake of QfG II which can be found here -

http://www.agdinteractive.com/homepage/homepage.html

Enjoy! 😁

I'm actually a great fan of Quest for Glory series and other Sierra's Quests series.
I've been following up with AGD Interactive for about 2 years now, since I came to know they are remaking QFG2.
I downloaded it the first day of it's release!

Thanks Anyway!

Reply 6 of 8, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dh4rm4 wrote:

Malik : I'm also an audiophile and imho the best music rendition of Doom II was from the native GUS support, it also does the multichannel sound effects in hardware so all the sounds are a lot bassier.

I see. It's that good?
You are making me get interested in a GUS now! 😉

Reply 7 of 8, by dh4rm4

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The games, trackers and demos that supported the GUS properly used to make my Amigan friends incredibly jealous, put it that way. 😉 Playing games that supported general midi and MT32 via MEGAEM (the GUS Roland synth emulator) was fun too, but it wasn't without issues.