Rank
l33t

I know Space Quest IV is rare but is it THAT rare? 😜

Reply 1 of 34, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Bull shit. He is crazy. http://catalog.ebay.com/Space-Quest-IV-Roger- … 286Q2ec0Q2em271

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 34, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

When a replacement disk is offered for US $19.99 --and mind you, it is only ONE disk of a five-disks game-- is it cheap or expensive?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 4 of 34, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I dunno, I think most of the versions available are the CD talkie version, so he could be right about the rarity if it is a 5.25" version. Actually I wasn't even aware that SQ4 was ever released to 5.25". Not that that means much…

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 6 of 34, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
laffer35 wrote:

It's not on eBay right now but the most expensive old game that I've gotten from there was Zak McKracken for FM Towns (450 USD).

😳 😳 😳 Gulp! $450US?? I'm speechless!!

leileilol wrote:

they stamp 'rare' on anything on ebay to gouge the starting bid with.

Yeah, some do print "ULTRA" rare. Yeah, rite. I try to avoid those that begin or end with the word rare. Flagrant titles with exhorbitant prices.

Reply 7 of 34, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

yes, the high "buy it now" price is just to inflate the normal bidding price.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 10 of 34, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Snover wrote:

Damn. If only I could go back in time and tell my childhood self to flat pack and store all of my boxes and manuals.

Do you still have a manual or two lying around? I always look for "surplus" manuals (without box). That way, I can keep the box (with its own manual) for collection, and a surplus manual for casual reading.

Replacementdocs still doesn't have manuals for Covert Action, Task Force 1942, and many Microprose games.... 🙁

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 11 of 34, by Fender_178

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ya That guy is nuts I bought the floppy disk version of SQ4 off of ebay for like 15 bucks or so and it wasnt 5 1/4 floppy disk version though it was 3 1/2 version. But that was a while ago. Maybe its because its the 5 1/4 big floppy disk version of the game.

Reply 12 of 34, by Reckless

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

All these sellers would get added to my 'exclude from search' 😀

It's one thing to see buyers who just cannot wait for another item to come up and enter a bidding war with an other equally impatient buyer (good for the seller of course) but to list stuff at $200 as a starting bid for what is nothing more than an old game. I understand the concept of 'collectable' but some of the listings are just bullshit!

Reply 13 of 34, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Are Japanese really THAT crazy about the Fate of Atlantis?

Or perhaps THIS crazy?

(To fellow Japanese friends : Please take this as a friendly amusement! 😁)

Speaking about the Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, this game actually made me excited about the possibility.

If you look at the manual, there is a reference section regarding additional reading materials about Atlantis. In one of it, is the book called "Atlantis - The Antediluvian World" by Ignatius Donnelly.

I actually went to my city public library and found this book which exploded my excitement and anticipation, and borrowed it and read it!!!

Reply 14 of 34, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oh man, I should have saved my old Day of the Tentacle box. I still have my original CD and manual for it, but the box was just to odd sized to store all this time.

IGN.com has a game collection DB you can build. It then estimates the value of your game collection (not sure how they calculate that), but last time I used it, I think mine was over $14K, seems a bit high to me.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 15 of 34, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Would MS Space Simulator being bidded on at $114 classify as one of the most expensive classic games listed on ebay? I waited until that bid closed and another one was listed on ebay, which my dad helped me buy (he bidded $62 plus shipping (totalling $64.00) back in Janurary of 2002.) I really, truly wanted MS Space Simulator, I got this one my dad helped me buy on ebay, I'm going to keep it, and I'm going to play it on DOSbox.

Reply 16 of 34, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Check this game out. $100! The advert says it's never been played, and I'm not surprised!

"Michelle Kwan Figure Skating Game for PC Windows 95/98" -- Ebay item number #320345954691

Attachments

• bonkers.jpg
    Filename
    bonkers.jpg
    File size
    22.52 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception