VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

People - I still haven't forgotten about getting this game. I do remember that it had something to do with a treasure hunt, and during gameplay, you visited various rooms which had an attractive display of laboratory equipment pertaining to chemistry, physics or astromony, the zodiac, and in several places in the room were symbols for scientific equations - E = mc2, an equation using the symbol for pi, etc. all of the objects in each room when clicked, yielded a clue to solving the riddle. All of the riddles had something to do with science.

Does this info jog your brain, anyone?

I saw this game in the rack at Electronics Boutique at the local mall in March - May of 1999. I believe that 1999 was when this game was released.

Reply 2 of 8, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Kippesoep wrote:

Thanks for the help, but I already have Turbo Science. The game I'm asking about is a Windows 95 game, not a DOS game, and it comes on a CD.

Reply 4 of 8, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks, guys - but I already have Physicus, also Chemicus, and Bioscopia. These are Myst-like games, whereas the game in question is about a treasure hunt where you're supposed to find all the clues before a certain date as marked on the gamebox/literature, and it was sort of a competition to see who can beat the game by or before that date, and you send the game developers/publishers your name and address and they send you lots of money. But I'm not after that money now - I just want to play this game for fun.

Reply 5 of 8, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

People, I've come up with a possibility that this game in question is Treasure Quest by Soggy. And someone on JustAdventure told me that I might find screenshots of the game on the the Legacy site. Here's his quote from my thread over at JA:

SuperEdy wrote:

The only adventures with a prize I know of are Opsys and Treasure Quest, there are some screenshots in TheLegacy site.

He hasn't gotten back to me on how to find this Legacy site yet, and I want to be sure before I order this game from Amazon later tonight.
Could someone please post a link to this Legacy site where I'd find screenshots of older PC games?

Reply 7 of 8, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks, someone over on MysteryManor.net gave me the link to this Legacy site, and after checking all 26 screenshots from the game, I ordered it from Amazon.com.

Reply 8 of 8, by Adoms

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The steam treasure hunt has had every required game on sale up until now. I'm trying to get all 28 achievements, but $60 is an awful lot for one game. Is there anywhere that has a cheaper price than amazon?

Treasure Hunt Game For Kids