VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by amethystgerry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

being new to not just this site and forum, and to posting but liking to help people in general with similar issues, this forum came up when i was fixing an old loved game of mine beasts and bumpkins. I mistakenly answered an old post and having some disability issues i often make a few mistakes at times. But for my efforts, even kind of useless as it turns out, i was embarrassed that i had to look up the term necroposting as i was told this is what i did, but i do believe i was being made fun of. This may just turn me off bothering to post anywhere in future. Maybe new people should be helped not embarrassed.

life is short, learn one new thing, go for a walk, and accomplish a task every day and you live a much richer life...

Reply 1 of 10, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You should not feel embarrased for making a few mistakes. Everyone here do them.

[MOVED]

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 10, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Grow a thicker skin. If you are that easily offended then the Internet is not for you.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 10, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

necroposting is a serious offense 😀

Seriously, opening old threads is bad netiquette (if you want to survive on ANY forum, I'd advise you to look up netiquette) and will almost always be referred to as necroposting and most of the times the thread will be closed 😀

Reply 6 of 10, by Norton Commander

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

Grow a thicker skin. If you are that easily offended then the Internet is not for you.

Absolutely. Positively. Quite frankly if you are easily offended that means you've led a sheltered life. Time to move out of your parents' basement and get a life.

Reply 7 of 10, by amethystgerry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I do have a thick skin, but not for posting...yet... i am up on this necroposting now but only because i taught myself. As for posting i quite like having my say so, and enjoyed this posting, despite being a newbie necroposter!!! I do have a life, and quite a fun one despite disability, which is why i probably have not been on the net all that long, i have seen alot of australia, play piano and write music, sing well, i run a beauty business, i am a mother of a four year old, an established and published graphic artist, am a trained early childhood teacher with assoc dip and university training, am building my own website, am a disability aid supporter and campaigner, and also run a syringomyelia support group from home. I also am starting up my own graphic arts business from home to sell my graphics, grow vegetables, tend a large garden and chickens, and am a keen fossicker, we have a great home museum with lovely gemstones and minerals, and have found everything from diamonds to sapphires. Thanks for the support, and critique. My life is far from sheltered, but i do admit i am a softy when it comes to personal mistakes i guess i am like all other humans, we all hate being wrong or making mistakes. So this site has offered me a chance to learn. The internet is fine with me, i will just have to find forums that suit my tastes and needs and interests i guess. Last time i looked necroposting is not punishable by jail, thats good for me! Oh, and by the way, i live in my own home with my husband and four year old and my mum is dead, no hope of ever moving home.

life is short, learn one new thing, go for a walk, and accomplish a task every day and you live a much richer life...

Reply 8 of 10, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Whoa. That backfired for a few people didn't it. 😉

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.