VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2009/06/gamesetin … arforce_and.php

To reach this goal we had to penetrate into the system pretty deep, as hackers and emulating tools do exactly the same to circumvent protection. It was fighting fire with fire. It is always weird for me to see users hate protection drivers when the Daemon Tools one also operates in Ring 0, but it is highly appreciated. The difference is that the StarForce driver is fully certified for Windows XP and Vista, passed through numerous tests inside Microsoft testlabs. Our company has gained Microsoft Certified Partner and Technological Partner levels. And I can’t say something similar about DT.

It's sad that Microsoft certified this crap. Users hate DRM jackass, because it more often that not screws up their system I can mabye remember once or twice where Daemon Tools caused me issues and it was easily solved (BSOD caused by Daemon Tools driver). Not so with StarForce.

Today, most publishers implement protection during the final stages of game development. This means that the resulting protection solution is pretty weak and uncomfortable to the user. For instance, one possible way is to plan protection methods in the early stages of game development. I’d say it is better to start during the program architecture’s development stage. Only then will the final solution be highly compatible and extremely complicated to circumvent.

Looks like any new game using StarForce may take longer to crack.....guess I won't be buying those games.

We do not intend to repeat our past mistakes.

You already are.

Last edited by DosFreak on 2009-06-15, 18:48. Edited 1 time in total.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 11, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I won't be buying anything with SecuROM or any other DRM crap. Unless, i can get rid of it and play using a crack, that is.

My latest purchases:

+ Counter-Strike Source + HL2-DM + Day of Defeat.
+ Left4Dead
+ Drakensang

Lucky for me, they weren't DRM protected.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 11, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
eL_PuSHeR wrote:
I won't be buying anything with SecuROM or any other DRM crap. Unless, i can get rid of it and play using a crack, that is. […]
Show full quote

I won't be buying anything with SecuROM or any other DRM crap. Unless, i can get rid of it and play using a crack, that is.

My latest purchases:

+ Counter-Strike Source + HL2-DM + Day of Defeat.
+ Left4Dead
+ Drakensang

Lucky for me, they weren't DRM protected.

Technically, Steam games are DRM-protected because you have to log into your Steam account and have the CD-keys attached to it before it will decrypt the games and allow you to play them :p

Reply 4 of 11, by Targaff

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It is always weird for me to see users hate protection drivers when the Daemon Tools one also operates in Ring 0, but it is highly appreciated.

Apparently they're unable to understand the concept of something performing a useful function...

Intel CC820 | PIII 667 | 2x128MB SDRAM | 3Dfx Voodoo 5 5500 @ Dell P790 | Creative SB PCI128 | Fujitsu MPC3064AT 6GB + QUANTUM FIREBALLlct10 10 GB | SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-608 | IOMEGA ZIP 100 | Realtek RTL8139C | Agere Win Modem

Reply 5 of 11, by temptingthelure

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Anyone looking for easy to follow steps to remove DRM infestation from their computer can look here:

http://reclaimyourgame.com/

Very simple, detailed, easy to do. 😀

Rise of the Triad modding site!
http://rott.s4.bizhat.com

Reply 6 of 11, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It is always weird for me to see users hate protection drivers when the Daemon Tools one also operates in Ring 0, but it is highly appreciated.

Really, people like simplicity? Who'd have guessed?

Reply 8 of 11, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
temptingthelure wrote:

How long until game companies threaten the site with DMCA?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.