VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I recently got the latest version of dosbox and I have a problem. I keep getting gravis ultrasound not detected when I'm trying to set up wacky wheels so it will have gravis ultrasound sound. There's no conf file for the version of dosbox which I got from sourceforge and I have no clue on how I can get it so Wacky Wheels sees a gravis ultrasound sound card. By the ay I like that intro logo on the new version of dosbox. Pro audio spectrum also doesn't work when I use it for sound effects. All other sound cards work perfectly when I choose them for wacky wheels.

Reply 1 of 8, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Gravis is disabled by default on DOSBox 0.73 (don't ask me why). To change the config file, there's a shortcut in the start menu. To fix it, edit the config file and set "gus=true" rather than the default "gus=false".

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 2 of 8, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I deleted the shortcut on the start menu. Is there a copy I can get that I can use from the directory dosbox is set up in. I'm trying to get pro audio spectrum for sound effects with gravis ultrasound for music. I get an error currently when I use gravis ultrasound and pro audio spectrum doesn't work either. I really like this version of dosbox. Keep up the good work.

Reply 4 of 8, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got the conf file. It now lets me use gravis ultrasound for sound effects but still not music. I'm trying to get pro audio spectrum for sound effects and gravis ultrasound for music. For the Pro audio spectrum it says I'm missing a mvsound.sys and I just get something that says muic error for gravis ultrasound. Thanks for your help so far.

Reply 5 of 8, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You probably need the GUS patches somewhere, and possibly load ULTRAMID. Have you got a patch set loaded and pointed the ULTRASND variable to it?

Reply 7 of 8, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hence "possibly". Wacky Wheels doesn't seem to need it. So make sure you have a patch set. Normally you would place it so that it is at C:\ULTRASND\MIDI in your mounted drive. (The default value of the ULTRASND variable points to that location). As for getting that patch set, I think Googling for "pro patches lite" will find a good one.