VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've done some experimenting with copying files from an ISO image of one disc to another. I combined 3 discs of Sanitarium this way and didn't notice any errors. However with Maabus objects I scan produced garbled text because the description files shared a common name on each disc but had different contents. Recently, I started thinking about BIN/CUE sets. Though most information I find is about music files.

Would it be possible to edit a cue sheet to use CD1.BIN, CD2.BIN, etc...?

If yes, how would it change between CDs so that CD1 data isn't read when CD2 data is needed?

My goal is to mount a single file in Daemon Tools as to avoid minimizing a game to swap the image. Is there a simple way to accomplish this?

Reply 1 of 4, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Don't think so. For old DOS games, copying all files to a single location works sometimes, because all filenames on each disk are unique. For Windows games, you could look for text files containing file lists (something like ini files that point to the files on the different cd's). You'd have to then change these files obviously. There are "cd2dvd" patches for some games, try searching on GameCopyWorld. There is a patch for Sanitarium which allows it to run from hd, but i didn't test it.

Reply 2 of 4, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just found an index. Too bad there's no CD2DVD patch for Jane's Fighters Anthology.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 3 of 4, by OSH

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:

Just found an index. Too bad there's no CD2DVD patch for Jane's Fighters Anthology.

But it is very easy to avoid this annoying CD-change.
Make Full install, patch with latest patch to version 1.02F. Then,
create an ISO-image and copy all AVIs, and LIBs from Install & Campaign Disc, and all LIBs from Reference Disc. Mount it and it's all. No more CD-change!

Reply 4 of 4, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i patch to the latest patch on really old game then no cd patch it it worked for most of the command and conquer series like renegade and tiberian sun