VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Good Ol' TarviS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys, I have a classic Logitech Wingman Extreme
wmextreme.png

Anyway. It's y-Axis has been broken , so I opened it up and saw why.

The nub that sticks out the side of the stick that connects of to the potentiometers has been broken off. Here's a picture.
img0469b.jpg
img0470i.jpg
Dotted line represents where the nub should be

Basically, all I need is a good way to re-attach the nub back to the large plastic bowl. I don 't think glue will cut it.

So, any ideas?

My ideas would be to somehow make an extension of the broken plastic nub so it wraps around what it used to hold on to. The part it goes on to is basically a circle with a small rectangle on top that the nub used to be part of, so it would fit over it and I could use glue to put it on, since it will cover a wider surface area.

My other idea would be to melt the broken ends and then stick them together and hope they dry attached, though I'm somewhat skeptical on this one.

Reply 3 of 5, by Good Ol' TarviS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
h-a-l-9000 wrote:

Might it be possible to drill a hole and put in a screw that performs the same function?

That might work actually - it looks like it doesn't matter how tall it is, so I could probably work something up like that. Thanks!

Epoxy (the kind that is used to attach heatsinks to chips) should work fine.

Due to the small size of the plastic nub (about 1mm by 5 mm area to glue) I don't think any sort of glue will work.

Reply 4 of 5, by SKARDAVNELNATE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Good Ol' TarviS wrote:

Due to the small size of the plastic nub (about 1mm by 5 mm area to glue) I don't think any sort of glue will work.

Use liquid cement. The stuff that's used for putting together models.