Rank
Oldbie

http://cgi.ebay.com/Quantum3D-Quantum-3D-AAlc … id=p3286.c0.m14

Reply 3 of 34, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

i remember when Q3D was advertising that hardware. With many VSA-100s u can run super high FSAA. Probably rather useless at this point. Don't think you could even run games....

Reply 6 of 34, by ih8registrations

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

BTW, the performance works out to 5328mt 42.4gb. Traditional cards in that range are x800 pro (5700mt, 30.4gb), 6800gt/gs (5100/5600mt, 32gb), 7800gs agp(6000mt, 40gb), hd2600xt(6400mt 35.2gb.)

Reply 7 of 34, by prophase_j

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I would be very supprised it it dosen't clear a grand.

"Retro Rocket"
Athlon XP-M 2200+ // Epox 8KTA3
Radeon 9800xt // Voodoo2 SLI
Diamond MX300 // SB AWE64 Gold

Reply 9 of 34, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm surprised it's still under a grand. Quantum's one company that loves to bloat their MSRP a ton. And with this kind of rarity and hardware power you'd expect it to near $13k USD

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 11 of 34, by prophase_j

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If there was a chance in hell it fetched anything less I would sell my junk car to come up with some cash....

"Retro Rocket"

Reply 14 of 34, by prophase_j

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It really make you wonder what the future owner, after spending what is surely to be many thousands of dollars, will use it for. Maybe they have a copy of the milltary simulator or something....

"Retro Rocket"

Reply 17 of 34, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ih8registrations wrote:

It is; the linked youtube clip of it running in windows has obviously gone unnoticed.

I have just seen the youtube vids. But they were ruined by a bad cam handling, and also there are better ways showing videos with such a magnificent system. But if you ask me, then the three videos on youtube are NOT impressive, because of the bad camera work. Sorry to any one who feels hurt, because I am being honest. But at least use a tripod. And other stuff, cause the flicker on the screen while recording is a BIG minus in my book.

Reply 18 of 34, by ih8registrations

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No one here is going to be hurt, it's just a curious ebay auction. To each is own, but I find the hardware to be the item of interest, not the seller's video production skills.

Reply 19 of 34, by ih8registrations

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ran across this 3dfx page: http://www.thedodgegarage.com/3dfx/ It's really well done, lots of detailed info. There's a plethora of other unique 3dfx cards and benchmarks. Here's the page on the aalchemy: http://www.thedodgegarage.com/3dfx/q3d_aalchemy.htm