VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 34, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If only it works in "normal" PC.... imagine what 8 VSA-100 GPU can do when playing older games.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 22 of 34, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I hope the buyer will bring the card to good use. Cause I think the seller whom swaaye and I have had the pleasure of meeting online would think the same. And 710 Bucks is not really that much.

Reply 24 of 34, by rottentreats

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone. My camera skills are not intended to impress, when infact I was just seeing if I could get the system running one night, and it just happened to fire up. I grabbed my digital camera and took a very short video, it will be in theaters late October! 😈

As far as the price, it sold for about what it is worth. I never used the thing and figured someone else would like to have their turn. I am satisfied with $760 considering payed $106.25 for the PSU, and $140.50 for the AAlchemy cards.

Either way, I am glad to see it bring up interest on so many forums.

And for those who are wondering, it is difficult to get most games to work on the AAlchemy, and impossible for some games. Most games will not play on the dual board setup, you usually have to remove one of them and then you can play most glide games.

v5rottensigipbdn3.jpg

Reply 26 of 34, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
rottentreats wrote:

And for those who are wondering, it is difficult to get most games to work on the AAlchemy, and impossible for some games. Most games will not play on the dual board setup, you usually have to remove one of them and then you can play most glide games.

Wait, wait, wait, you mean you CAN play GLide games on single board setup, which, by the way, still has 8 VSA-100 chips?

What driver are you using? Which GLide version? On what O/S can you play games with single AAlchemy board? And do you still have spare boards to sell?

*drools*

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 30 of 34, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just Quake3 and UT benchmarks? Actually I was thinking more along the lines of benchmarking with
3DMark2001 (D3D only, I predict the score will be an 9278 number)
CineBench R10
MDK2
UT2004 (i've had a banshee running this one before)
DarkPlaces-based games (Nexuiz mainly, had a banshee running this too)
Operation Flashpoint
GZDoom + nuts.wad
OpenArena 0.8.0 (ok a bit self promotional here(but Phoronix uses it for benchmarking linux 3d drivers so it's okay!), but its interesting that the voodoo doesn't suck with the old once-disabled q3 flare occlusion code as much as the geforce/radeon does. Never got bloom to work on voodoo3 though. It's basically q3 benchmarking with more polys/textures/shader stages technically)

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 32 of 34, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Considering it's DirectX 6 tech, comparing it to anything more than maybe a GF3/8500 seems kinda pointless and wrong 😀 Even GF3/8500 can run lots of games that this wouldn't.

I think it would be awesome to play some Glide games with 16X AA (whatever it goes up to). NFS 3&4 come to mind for me.

Reply 34 of 34, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm pretty sure there are effects missing if you use D3D. I use a Glide emulator for those games and yes then you can use AA but this causes graphics issues. 3DFX Voodoo5 + Glide + FSAA looks best (partly cuz it's supersampling and helps textures too).