VOGONS

Common searches

AMIGA games VS IBM PC ... which are better?

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 83, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
WolverineDK wrote:
Amigaz wrote:
WolverineDK wrote:

Freddo: the avatar you are using is from the game Agony on Amiga , right ?

It's Psygnosis logo 😀

Potato potaato I call it kartoffel and the Swedes are calling it potatis, and I know it is the logo of Psygnosis. But Psygnosis has made made the game Agony on Amiga where the owl has a big role in the game 😀.

Yep, it looks like the good old, killer owl in that game 😀

I thought "Kartoffel" was german? 😁

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 81 of 83, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Amigaz wrote:
WolverineDK wrote:
Amigaz wrote:

It's Psygnosis logo 😀

Potato potaato I call it kartoffel and the Swedes are calling it potatis, and I know it is the logo of Psygnosis. But Psygnosis has made made the game Agony on Amiga where the owl has a big role in the game 😀.

Until after WWII then the Danish language was not that English inspired, but more German inspired. And Kartoffel is also the Danish word for potato, but back in the day potatoes were called "poteter" in Danish so go figure that one out 😀

Reply 82 of 83, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
WolverineDK wrote:
Amigaz wrote:
WolverineDK wrote:

Until after WWII then the Danish language was not that English inspired, but more German inspired. And Kartoffel is also the Danish word for potato, but back in the day potatoes were called "poteter" in Danish so go figure that one out 😀

Interesting... 😀
In Skåne they call it "poteter" I think....and in Småland "petatis" 🤣 😁

I think we just ruined the Amiga theme of this thread

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 83 of 83, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Amigaz wrote:
Interesting... :) In Skåne they call it "poteter" I think....and in Småland "petatis" lol :D […]
Show full quote
WolverineDK wrote:
Amigaz wrote:

Interesting... 😀
In Skåne they call it "poteter" I think....and in Småland "petatis" 🤣 😁

I think we just ruined the Amiga theme of this thread

Not really, we just let the thread evolve in a way not intended, so if we want to speak about Scandinavian language connections, then let us stick to the PMs from now on, also back to the Amiga. It is, was one hell of an awesome machine, and to me that is the main point of our chat about the Amiga. and what we are doing is much more fun and social, than the so-called social networks which is a joke in comparison to forums like this one.