VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello everyone! As of Holy Weekend (before Easter), I'm no longer going to have to ride the city busses in my area in order to go to the mall - the busses were taken away from our close-by area, and btw having to ride the bus was (since I started riding them 40 years ago) a pain in the butt. I am working on getting a dependable ride on a regular basis to the mall (as well as other places) and this ride will enable me to go from our house, all the way to where I want to go. Coming back home will be the same, only in reverse.

Riding the bus was a pain for me because the bus was often very late, they'd take me way, way out of my way just to go up the road 5 miles to the mall, and I'd have to change busses often with long layovers between busses. Also the busstop booths near the mall have graffiti written all over them and sometimes there was graffiti on the inside of the busses, too - this made me feel like I "took a step down" in life from going places in the family car before I went to Trashnoma (the school that taught me how to ride the bus), and sometimes, the busses had some litter in them.

And now that I'm working on getting this ride, it's going to be a step up from riding the bus - a major upgrade in my life.

Sat. April 3 I had a combination Easter/Bus Riding Retirement Party at my Bible study teacher's house, since I will not be riding the bus April 3rd, nor Easter Sunday, nor afterword since the busses close by our house are being moved to a new, farther away route April 4, so April 2nd was the last day I hope to be having to ride the bus.

If all goes well, I'll get my new ride, and we can maybe throw a virtual Bus Riding Retirement Party here at VOGONS perhaps and come celebrate with me?

Reply 1 of 10, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ugh, I feel your pain. Had to take the bus home from work a few times and a 15 minute drive across the valley turned into a 1+ hour bus ride due to having to wait for 2 buses.

Reply 2 of 10, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Same here, HunterZ, when I finally do get my new ride, I'll be in my glory - when I started having to ride the bus I felt like it wasn't the best way to get around, I felt like I was getting 2nd best or even 3rd best, and it made me feel cheaper inside - but then that school (Trashnoma) that taught me how to ride them wasn't a very nice place b/c the students got into fights with each other, they used bad language, they bought cigarettes and smoked, even in places where you're not allowed to smoke, like on busses. And a couple of these students would use a shoe, a glass pop bottle as a weapon during a fight, and a boy made sexual gestures at me. I'm surprised they didn't go to a bar, get drunk and that the girls didn't get pregnant, although a girl did end up in a detention home. Also, a lot of the students were living in foster homes, and that school wanted to put me into a foster home, too, but my parents told them "no." So I ended up living at home with my family (which I really wanted).

Reply 4 of 10, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is not the strangest thing about this kafkaesque post. Look here. Now i'll have to try hard to hold back comments on the op's mental health.

As for that "virtual party": looking on the comments about smoking, alcohol usage, "sexual gestures" and that bible teacher thing i'm afraid i'll have way more hillarious fun cleaning up my flat or mending socks, thankyouverymuch.

Reply 7 of 10, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ADDiCT wrote:

Yeah that's why you feel compelled to comment on many of my posts, because you're so good at ignoring, yes? Try again, little one.

🤣, ADDiCT, don't you get it ? I am angling you. Cause you start up with commenting the OPs mental health, like he is from the "special bus" , with also showing another forum thread of the same author. And then I am baiting, and hooking you. Because what the fuck , some people just likes to have fun, even if it is a bit crazy fun. Cause I would love to go to the bus ride retirement party. Cause that idea sounds fun. But you on the other hand is basically thinking that the happening is a statue to the OPs mental health. ADDiCT if any one here is crazy, and a tosser . Then it is you.

Reply 8 of 10, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wow. The passion, the fiery words - you really do love me don't you wolvie. I feel flattered. I'm getting a headache trying to think myself down to your intellectual level though, and will end this charming little conversation here. Thanks for helping with derailing this thread. (;

Reply 9 of 10, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ADDiCT wrote:

Wow. The passion, the fiery words - you really do love me don't you wolvie. I feel flattered. I'm getting a headache trying to think myself down to your intellectual level though, and will end this charming little conversation here. Thanks for helping with derailing this thread. (;

🤣 thanks, actually you derailed this thread from the post where you started it, and oh by the way. At least I can rule you out being a person who has a lower IQ, cause I actually think you have some great humour (no bullshit this time) But ADDiCT you do remind of a person. But he is a Depeche Mode fan, and also he congratulated me when I passed my Danish exam with flying colours. And him and I were not hostile at each other. And also I take, you are an American , or at least living in the USA. So have we met before ? And do I not see where the love is in this discussion. But I have a feeling that is your sarcasm doing a number on me.