User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

MT-100 (MT-32's big brother) :

_dsc1543-roland-mt-100-left.jpg

_dsc1545-roland-mt-100.jpg

_dsc1549-roland-mt-100-rear.jpg

Though I won't be getting any of these, thought I should save them for historical purpose. 😀

(The MT-100 is still active at ebay, and the LAPC-N still active at Yahoo! Auctions Japan, as of 28th April 2010).

Below is the picture of LAPC-N, for NEC PC-98s.

Attachments

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 1 of 3, by Salient

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I had an MT-100 for a while, boxed with everything, even a few disks. Unfortunately the diskdrive itself was broken (the belt) but fixable though.
The sound engine is basically the same as an MT-32 second generation.

The thing is VERY heavy though, one would think the power supply is built-in but it isn't. 😀

MIDI comparison website: << Wavetable.nl >>
(Always) looking for: Any Wavetable daughterboard, MIDI Module (GM/GS/XG)

Reply 2 of 3, by gravitone

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

looks great. I have never really laid my eyes on any japanese X68000 computer hardware. The stand alone mt-100 looks like a bit of a frankstein design with the floppydrive sticking up like it does, but interesting nonetheless. Do these things read standard midi files? and can you pack samples like some kind of soundfont onto the disks as well?

Reply 3 of 3, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I wondered why the LAPC-N is MUCH shorter than LAPC-I. But looking at the picture again, looks like the card is in two layers. Either soldered or daughter-board-like slot-insert design, probably to accomodate in a PC-98.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers