VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Disney Sound Source...requires LP1? Or can you use LP2?

Need to know for possible use with a Tandy 1000 TL/2, which has an "edge connector" port on LP1, so I am forced to consider installing a true parallel port on LP2. If I do, will a Disney Sound Source stubbornly try to suck a signal from LP1, or can it be rerouted to draw sound signal from LP2?

Once you try retrogaming, you'll never go back...

Reply 3 of 6, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
keropi wrote:

why not use lpt1 and be 100% sure?

Because the Tandy has an "edge connector" printer port for LPT1, which is incompatible with the Sound Source's parallel port dongle (unless you have a special adapter, which Tandy sold about 18 years ago and are now impossible to find). I don't think the LPT ports are software-adjustable on my Tandy....

Reply 4 of 6, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@ h-a-l-9000: Do you know if most Sound Source games allowed you to "pick your LPT port"? That would be great, if that is the case!

Reply 5 of 6, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I take it you already know about this:

http://www.mofeel.net/792-comp-sys-tandy/1118.aspx

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 6 of 6, by digitaldoofus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Anonymous Coward wrote:

I take it you already know about this:

http://www.mofeel.net/792-comp-sys-tandy/1118.aspx

Hi...nope, I had not seen that program. Thanks for the tip, it might be just what I need! (especially if some Sound Source games themselves don't allow LPT re-routing)

But I'm still not sure if disabling the onboard "edge connector" (LPT1) port will allow me to designate a (newly installed) true parallel port as LPT1, however. So, once again, unless the games themselves allow adjustment to LPT2, this might remain a bit of a problem.

I'll find out, because I'm going to install a true parallel port sometime in the next few weeks, then try out some Sound Source games -- hopefully!