VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just wondering if it's feasible to create a new thread catering only for the classic drivers, preferably those for DOS and Win3.x. (And Not Win9x and above.) I would like to keep these drivers more focused on dos. Maybe we can post the smaller dos drivers directly here and link to larger files, like cd images to other sites where they have been uploaded.

I can contribute a few drivers. Besides a few Sound Blaster drivers, I have some old cd-rom drivers, graphics cards drivers (which I have never used much) somewhere on a few cds.

I always think about this whenever my eyes fall on the non-functional "Arcade" thread. Can that thread be replaced or deleted?

Can begin by moving my sound blaster drivers post.
And maybe divide the thread to sub-sections (stickies) for graphics cards, sound cards and so on. Maybe we can also move discussions regarding the old drivers (and only about old drivers) there?

Just a suggestion.

Thanks.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 2 of 5, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

the best thing would to have only the drivers that actually fix something
eg: if version 6.0 work with everything that all the previous drivers work with and have additional fixes there is no point storing versions before 6.0 if you see my point

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 3 of 5, by gravitone

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

In a perfect world where newer drivers only fix problems and never show any regression in compatability that would be great. Sadly, reality does not line up with this idea, so I suggest we archive drivers by card/chip with newer versions showing top to bottom sorted per OS.