VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

For me, I liked the nVidia Logo which can be enabled in the older geforce drivers for games and demos running in D3D mode. Too bad this has been omitted completely. It's trivial stuff, but interesting and quite nice to look at. Something like, reminding you that you're running the game using a cutting edge technology graphics (even if it's not). 😁

The option to select it:

dsc00432fi.jpg

dsc00434o.jpg

Few images from Escape from Monkey Island : (Notice the logo at the bottom right corner)

dsc00424o.jpg

dsc00421v.jpg

dsc00420m.jpg

And from System Shock 2 :

dsc00430we.jpg

dsc00429b.jpg

dsc00428i.jpg

I'm not exactly sure at which version they stopped providing this option, but I believe upto the last of 40's (4x.xx) series of drivers (for both Win9x and 2k/xp versions) . Haven't tried the 5x.xx series but the 6x.xx drivers don't have this option anymore.

I always wondered if anyone can come up with similar logos for ATI and 3dfx. I think it'll be cool seeing the above games with the 3dfx logo.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 2 of 3, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Maybe it's still supported but hidden. I remember that Rivatuner has the option to enable, but I haven't tested in my computers.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 3 of 3, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes, I remember that too, but if my memory serves right, the option to enable it will be greyed out if the driver version has no support for that option.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers