VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zirias

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

In the OpenGlide forum, the Thread about "zip contains only glide2x.dll" is now locked, but, without any comment. Could someone please explain?

Right now I can just guess: Development discussion belongs in the development forum. Is this the reason? I'd like to politely ask anybody performing administrative tasks to explain the reason where needed to avoid confusion, thanks. And I'd still like to discuss (and maybe code a solution *g*) the issue i brought up in this thread.

Reply 1 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Post in your own thread (instead of one from 2006) with a proper topic (instead of one that has nothing to do with your post) to avoid confusion.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 7, by Zirias

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

Post in your own thread (instead of one from 2006)

Well, I wasn't the one "reviving" this thread.

(instead of one that has nothing to do with your post)

And this is definitely not true. But it confirms my assumption. So, please, explain yourself when doing things like closing threads -- I don't think it's THAT much to ask 😀

Thank you!

Reply 3 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Well, I wasn't the one "reviving" this thread.

hmm, unless a post is missing in this thread then you were the one necroposting...
Zip only contains Glide2x.dll?

And this is definitely not true.

explaining a person who asked four years ago stuff about where the ini is and complaining about that location is on the one hand necroposting and the complaint itself is better served with its own thread instead of a necro-post.

So, please, explain yourself when doing things like closing threads

Here I'm with you, though in this case, regarding your feeling of not necro posting, you would still feel bad about closing this thread...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

A post missing makes it much more understandable 😀
It probably was forum spam (this often targets old threads) and thus got deleted right away 😀 (and I can understand when no explanation is added for deleting spam 😀)

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 6 of 7, by Zirias

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok .. i did this admin stuff myself a long time ago on some other forums and yes, i CAN understand things like that happen. That's why i just >ask< the mods to explain such things. Even if it is annoying sometimes, it's still much nicer for the users to know what's going on, and why...

But I think that's enough said here -- I just started a NEW thread in the right forum for the issue, i'm looking forward to discussing it there 😀

Reply 7 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I probably deleted the spam post.
No need to react to spam posts. they are spotted pretty fast. Usually I delete follow ups as well. must have missed yours.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!