VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I bought the Ishar trilogy compilation from gog.com, and I'm playing the second game, Messengers of Doom. During the game, my party met a bunch of guards and needed to get past them all, and so a fight ensued. My party's physical strength got drained during this fight, and I couldn't finish the fight. So, I took one step back so the guards were just out of melee reach. While the guards were watching, each party member then ate 10 loaves of bread (taking less than a second to consume each loaf), in order to increase their physical strength. After this, my party moved forward one square to engage the enemy once more. The fight continued and the guards got killed. I just wonder how accurate this is, in real life?

Reply 1 of 3, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
retro games 100 wrote:

I bought the Ishar trilogy compilation from gog.com, and I'm playing the second game, Messengers of Doom. During the game, my party met a bunch of guards and needed to get past them all, and so a fight ensued. My party's physical strength got drained during this fight, and I couldn't finish the fight. So, I took one step back so the guards were just out of melee reach. While the guards were watching, each party member then ate 10 loaves of bread (taking less than a second to consume each loaf), in order to increase their physical strength. After this, my party moved forward one square to engage the enemy once more. The fight continued and the guards got killed. I just wonder how accurate this is, in real life?

I'm not sure how accurate the thing is in real life, but I'm sure it would be hilarious as hell!

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 3 of 3, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hehe. I think the game is good, despite the bread/fighting example. I've got a sensible question about the game. My party has a couple of spell casters in it. Each have various spells. However, I don't know what the spells are called or what they do. The spells are represented by icons, but don't provide any label/text to describe them. The manual (from gog.com) does not illustrate these spell icons with their descriptive meaning. Have I just not read the manual correctly, or have gog.com accidentally forgotten to provide some kind of spell book? Thanks in advance for any assistance. BTW, I've managed to reach the 4th island. I did do the money cheat, so I could buy some decent armour.