l33t++

http://www.techspot.com/news/39933-rumor-duke … by-gearbox.html

😳

Reply 1 of 276, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think it's gonna flop. It's been too long and many people have either lost interest, died or even forgotten about Duke Nukem since they first announced this game all those years ago 😒... i bet most young teens don't even know who Duke Nukem is 🤣

Back then i was very excited but it wore off after the first few years of waiting.

Reply 3 of 276, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SKARDAVNELNATE wrote:

Still going to get it. If, in fact, it is ever finished.

I will probably still get it too, but to be honest the game i'm really excited about is "Deus Ex: Human Revolution"... I hope it's as good as the first game and better than the second 😀

Reply 6 of 276, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

Generic boring? YOU CAN SHRINK!! FPS games released with a shrink gun since Duke3D = 0

Yes that was a neat device, then squishing said foe under your boot was a nice touch too 😁

And of course it wouldn't be fun without a Duke Nukem Soundboard now would it 😉

Clicky!!!

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 7 of 276, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If anything DNF will sell even better than it would have 10 years ago simply for the controversy alone. I'm psyched. But I'm expecting to be let down. How much so I don't know...but everyone who's had inside info and who's played it said it "feels like a Duke game".

Yamaha FB-01/IMFC SCI tools thread
My Github
Roland SC-55 Music Packs - Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, and more.

Reply 9 of 276, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

They probably were referring to Duke3D. Whereas a lot of the third-party titles didn't have the same feel at all.

My Github

Reply 10 of 276, by Gemini000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As much as I agreed with the 3D Realms philosophy of game development while I was still primarily developing games, once DNF passed the three year mark I was starting to wonder what the heck was going on. The only thing I can think of is that the dev team wanted the game to be "perfect", and as anyone who's done any production work in film or gaming can tell you, "perfect" takes forever and the only way you ever get anything out is to settle for something that isn't.

That said, I still love almost all the Duke Nukem games and still occasionally load up Manhattan Project or the very first "Duke Nukum". As for Duke Nukem 3D... I probably spent far more time in the Build editor than actually playing the game, routinely making levels that looked like Populous, Tron, or some bizarre flat-shaded 3D polygon world. ;D

If DNF does ever get finished, regardless who does it, I'll still give it a play, but I've long since passed the point where I cared if the game ever came out or not.

--- Kris Asick (Gemini)
--- Pixelmusement Website: www.pixelships.com
--- Ancient DOS Games Webshow: www.pixelships.com/adg

Reply 11 of 276, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Reminds me of a game a friend of mine was 'waiting for', Harpoon 4, or something it was to be called.
He had been waiting for this game for 8 years when we finally heard it was cancelled!
Even now when I say the word "Harpoon 4", we both know what it means haha!

Reply 12 of 276, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

First of all, the developers following up on a true sequel to Duke Nukem 3D - The FPS, made the biggest blunder of all - by naming it FOREVER!

Then while making it, they saw the Quake II. 3D Realms must have thought " Damn, that's so cool! Alright guys, there is a major change to our product" and started re-programming again.

Then while re-programming, another game called Half-Life came out and took the world by storm. The 3D Relams guys must have been left speechless. Back to the drawing board again.

And then Crysis. They must have thought "How the heck did they do that? It would have made a great add-on called Forever in the Tropics." Back to the drawing board.

And guess what, the DN Forever guys are too busy playing OTHER FPS games to implement or improve upon them in DNF.

And by the time it comes out (IF it EVER comes out, that is), it's heat of expectation will drop from 'extremely hot' to downright FROZEN. Best kept in the museum - PC Gaming Museum, at the No.1 Vapourware Of All Time section.
(The only other worst thing can happen is that people are actually CHARGED to pay a visit to see it.) 😁

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 13 of 276, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I appreciate the longest running gag in the gaming industry. We have our Elvis sighting!

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 15 of 276, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Malik wrote:

And guess what, the DN Forever guys are too busy playing OTHER FPS games to implement or improve upon them in DNF.

And by the time it comes out (IF it EVER comes out, that is), it's heat of expectation will drop from 'extremely hot' to downright FROZEN. Best kept in the museum - PC Gaming Museum, at the No.1 Vapourware Of All Time section.

Except the people who are not working on DNF aren't the same people who spent ten years working on it before. Get with the program.

Reply 16 of 276, by MusicallyInspired

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The release date and trailer have been released! It's coming May 3rd! I've gotta say after waiting nigh 14 years I'm psyched for this!

The press release on Game Informer

The Trailer

My Github

Reply 17 of 276, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No, wait! If they delay it to 2012, they can have a huge ad campaign about how its release fortells the End of Days! Don't you see? The Mayan calendar was actually the release schedule for DNF all along!

Or not.